Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 07-13-2005, 07:27 AM   #71
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Re: But officer, it didn't FEEL like I was going 98 mph

LOL

Rule #1: Never admit guilt. You have the right to remain silent. Use it. If you've gotten out of tickets by capitulating and stipulating then you're just lucky you haven't been strung up by some rouge cop yet, but it will happen. When they decide to throw the book at you you'll be screwed.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2005, 07:31 AM   #72
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Current conservatives are just statists of another stripe. You get to keep more of your actual dollars, but those dollars are worth less due to rampant deficit spending and they'll just find other ways to take them, like with draconian fines enacted by the gung-ho law-and-order conservative types for victimless crimes like speeding and selling weed.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:33 AM   #73
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Re: I wonder if...

I'm fine with living in such a country. Government intrusion doesn't figure into the ditto-heads when we're talking about law-and-order. In that case, the more the merrier. People in prison that is.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:58 AM   #74
gniewko
Registered Member

No, that's why fewer and fewer Americans (and more and more foreigners) are getting science PhDs in US universities. Most US-born NASA scientists are in their 60s-70s and ready to retire.

America will soon get its ass kicked (economically) by China, India, and even Europe.
gniewko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 07:59 AM   #75
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default yeah, bend over already

It bothers you that people have a right to a hearing when they're charged with a crime? Exactly what kind of country do you want to live in? The cop should be the judge and jury? (Though a great many of them seem to wish that was the case)

It bothers me that everybody DOESN'T fight their ticket in court, clogging the system solid, and force a change either so that cops quit ticketing people that know what they're doing and aren't hurting anyone else, or change the speed limit and rules of the road (meaning eliminating a great many of them.)

It bothers me that the lemming-sheep of this country capitulate to every nanny regulation our petty bureaucratic tyrants place on us and then even criticize those that wish to defend themselves against such lunacy.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:00 AM   #76
SRMark
Founding Member

Some of us indians are wearing clothes now and we certainly remember history. As I recall 1492 kinda' sucked for us.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 08:04 AM   #77
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Yeah it was deathly important to soak us taxpayers for the billions required to put the American flag there. Who's really the stupid ones?
Old 07-13-2005, 08:24 AM   #78
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Please don't lump libertarians and anarcho-capitalists with "conservatives". These days, it's too easy for everyone to lump "neo" conservatives in with the rest of conservatives, and neo-conservatives are more destructive than the liberals.

And critisizing the blatant neo-con hypocrisy and cronyism that has taken over this country does not equal an attack on America. President George Bush is so far removed from founding principles he wouldn't be able to read about them with the Hubble telescope. The current Republican Party is not the embodiment of everything American, therefore nobody has to leave anything. This "place" is great. The government that runs it, however, royally sucks.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:46 AM   #79
ValkBandit
Registered Member

buy a harley. they are self-limiting.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 08:56 AM   #80
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

If only everybody took his advice, pretty soon the cops wouldn't bother trying to stop motorcycles. I vote we all give it a try.