Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 07-12-2005, 05:27 PM   #41
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: But officer, it didn't FEEL like I was going 98 mph

"You know how we call USA here? "The country of fat and stupid"

Yeah, that's why the Lithuanian flag is on the moon.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2005, 05:29 PM   #42
schizuki
Founding Member

"here is a good quote: "

Not really.

"A conservative government is an organized hypocrisy."

And a liberal government is a disorganized clusterf**k.

At least under conservatives I get to keep a little of my goddamn money.

Why don't you just move to Canda, johnny? Seriously. Liberatarians and conservatives have to make our stand here. It's the last place for us on Earth. You've got Canada, New Zealand, England... and that's just English-speaking places. If you and your buddies like kpaul think America sucks so much, just friggin' LEAVE. Only pathetic losers stay in places they hate and sit around complaining about it. Since you lefties are such self-proclaimed geniuses, you should prosper anywhere, right?

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:29 PM   #43
schizuki
Founding Member

Please, go.

Old 07-12-2005, 05:43 PM   #44
sv1000rider
Founding Member

Yeah, but Harleys are more expensive than lots of tickets, lawyer fees, and raised insurance rates. That would cost me MORE in the course of a year!
sv1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 05:50 PM   #45
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Like longride said don't beat yourself up. Everyone here has done similar stuff. When I got my speeding ticket I felt the same way. You did the right thing. I am sure your good manners helped. You feel like Maverick in Top Gun after his rear died. It's understandable. The best thing to do is get back in the saddle. See if they have a mitigation plan. i.e traffic school, you pay now and there is no points etc. One ticket should not affect your insurance that much. You got a ticket for 18 over. I was 20 over. But they were nice (probably cause I looked like I was going to cry) and gave me a break and put it for 8 over. Also it was a motorcycle cop that pulled me over (probably helped the cause). They say if you speed limit it to 10 over and use a radar/laser detector (which you di). Get back in the saddle
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 06:00 PM   #46
eddyline
Founding Member

I've gotta say that I think you did the absolute best thing that you could have done: tried to make the officer's job seem safer to him. That usually gets some form of thank you, such as having your ticket lowered from 100+mph to 98...or maybe he just didn't want to write up the paperwork and haul your a$$ to jail. I've found that while we might have the view that 'The Man' is just out there to hassle us, they can be pretty nice if you just treat them like humans. They have their own job to do, and they don't like dealing with fools who think they have a right to do 140 in a 25 zone, and berate the officer for having the nerve to stop said fool.

The only ticket I've had in the past ten years has been from a red-light camera, even though I've been pulled over at least a dozen times in that span. Gotten many warnings, though.

BTW, I spoke with a CHP officer once who told me that they actually train to estimate mph by sight, when pulled over. The veteran cop will stand there with the radar gun, and the rookie will guess, until he can get it within +-2 mph.

I suppose the CWP (when I lived in Seattle) came up on the screen with my license number....
eddyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 06:04 PM   #47
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Keep the detector but....

Yep keep the detector. Mine has paid off but I try to limit the speeding to 10 over only on back roads with little traffic. If I wreck I only hurt myself. I don't speed ever on the interstate where the state troopers will nail with laser or an unmarked car pacing you.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:05 PM   #48
johnnyb
Founding Member

generally i eschew the ad hominem attack, but u r an idiot. If Conservatives are so frugal with your $$, then how do you square the fact that W has expanded govt, and govt spending, like a madman? Checked the deficit lately? i repeat, u r an Idiot. capitol I. I love my country. Brainless idiots like u who vote against your own interests are destroying it. No wonder they don't want democracy in iraq. Democracy, for it to work, requires an informed populace.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 06:12 PM   #49
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

"Yeah, that's why the Lithuanian flag is on the moon." Best Post of the week. LOL

Sometimes it is good to remind others that the U.S. builds stuff like Cruise missles, B2 bombers, Stealth fighters and put a man on the moon in 19Fracking69.....
Old 07-12-2005, 06:14 PM   #50
sv1000rider
Founding Member

Give 'em hell JB! We libs don't show our teeth often enough!
sv1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote