Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 07-12-2005, 10:59 AM   #31
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: But officer, it didn't FEEL like I was going 98 mph

hey, u guys need any advertising copywriters there? didn't think so...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2005, 12:58 PM   #32
ofreen
Registered Member

"I was irresponsible, irrational, and wreckless and that there are just no excuses for such bone-headed behavior. All that being said, with the deserved admonishment, ANY advice would be welcomed from any other reformed speeders out there."

As an unreformed speeder, my advice is to get over all that remorse you are feeling. It is bad for you. Just use good judgement about where you choose to stretch it out and there is no need to feel guilty. Some times I actually go below the speed limit if it seems advisable.

How come the cop in the unmarked car was already going 90 when you passed?
ofreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 01:20 PM   #33
sv1000rider
Founding Member

Well if the truth must be known, I'm heaping on the remorse a bit thick. Practicing for the judge? And I'm pretty sure the nice man was tailing the black Trans Am I mentioned in my story. Obviously, my Z1000 quickly displaced the officer's attention that was focused on the Trans Am.
sv1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 02:34 PM   #34
DBw9
Founding Member

Recently I was charged by a county sheriff with going 31 mph over the speed limit (66 in a 35 mph zone) in the KC, MO area. I got a lawyer, who informed me that the local judge "has made it known" that she DOES NOT reduce tickets to a non-moving violation when you're charged with going over 30 mph over the limit. Therefore my lawyer talked to the district attorney and had the charge reduced to "defective muffler" (a non-moving violation). This was agreed to before trial, thus no appearance in court before the judge was needed. I could of ended up with community service time, but my lawyer indicated to DA that it would be better if I paid $ since I work outta town alot, yadda yadda. I ended up paying lawyer fee, "defective muffler" fine, and court cost - and now its over with.

Recommendation: get a lawyer that regularly practices in the jurisdiction you're charged in. He'll know the "ins & outs", and should have working relationship with the DA, judges, etc. I could have represented myself in court before the judge, but would have ended up with a moving violation - I'm sure.

It appeared to me that when you have a lawyer you are paying for "access" that regular MOrons representing themselves just don't get. I don't believe I could have worked out a deal with the DA on my own without a lawyer.

DBw9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 02:36 PM   #35
DaveFla
Founding Member

More of us have heard of all y'all than you might think, friend. Ever heard of a US writer named Tom Clancy? One of his most famous characters was sometimes called "the Vilnius Schoolmaster."

DaveFla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 02:37 PM   #36
johnnyb
Founding Member

it's a lovely system. here is a good quote: A conservative government is an organized hypocrisy.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 02:50 PM   #37
DBw9
Founding Member

That is good. Who said it, or are those your own words of wisdom?
DBw9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 03:02 PM   #38
steppenwoof
Registered Member

the problem is that you guys ride legal bikes with legal registration & plate.....the idea is to NEVER STOP for the fuzz...Either outrun them or better yet out smart them......as long as you have a plate that is not your own on your bike you dont have to worry about them getting your plate number !!....the only times i have ever gotten a warning/ticket is when i dumbly stopped for the fuzz.....
steppenwoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 05:07 PM   #39
schizuki
Founding Member

Please, go.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 05:17 PM   #40
schizuki
Founding Member

"here is a good quote: "

Not really.

"A conservative government is an organized hypocrisy."

And a liberal government is a disorganized clusterf**k.

At least under conservatives I get to keep a little of my goddamn money.

Why don't you just move to Canda, johnny? Seriously. Liberatarians and conservatives have to make our stand here. It's the last place for us on Earth. You've got Canada, New Zealand, England... and that's just English-speaking places. If you and your buddies like kpaul think America sucks so much, just friggin' LEAVE. Only pathetic losers stay in places they hate and sit around complaining about it. Since you lefties are such self-proclaimed geniuses, you should prosper anywhere, right?

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote