Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 06-23-2005, 12:07 PM   #71
Hutchinator
Founding Member

Default Re: One more thing

Words to live by...

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-26-2005, 07:56 PM   #72
yoavy11
Founding Member

Default Re: XB-9 CityX or Honda 599?

It really limits you're body movements on twisty roads.
yoavy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 07:33 AM   #73
bollert
Registered Member

I'm 40 and pay between $ 23-28/month for the each of my bikes - ZX-10R, XB-12R, RC-51, ZRX-1200R. Granted, I'm 40, but I suggest trying a mainstream insurance company such as Allstate, State Farm or American Family. I've always had great rates since my early 20s. The old Black Lists have since disappeared and the big companies use CCs only. This is just a suggestion to look into it. Progressive has NEVER given me a good quote. Sometimes "Knowing what a Bent Fork, A Ninja, Saddlebags, Chubby Apes" is NOT a good thing. And to hitchhike on a prior post, the Buell is Oil/Filter change only for maintenance assuming it doesn't break. Mine hasn't broke, although I had the TPS/AFV reset a few times.
bollert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 07:35 AM   #74
bollert
Registered Member

Oh and Lee, get on a bike, any bike ASAP! I taught MSF and private lessons for over 10 years and I can tell you that practicing what you learned over the MSF weekend is absolutely essential to your success!
bollert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 08:19 PM   #75
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Guys, guys. Ventura Bike Luggage is an Aussie outfit that make a set of their wonderful, giant (90 Litres) soft bags for teh XB9 bikes.

http://www.ventura-bike.com/

I used to know a woman whose only transportation in the whole world was her 929 (she raced a seca two, too). she got her groceries, prescriptions, Blockbuster videos, dry cleaning, et al with Ventura luggage.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:32 PM   #76
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Johnny, grammar, punctuation and spelling count. What's the matter with you? Are you sober again? Haven't you been told never to write when you're in such a state?

Do you WANT me to dredge up my Catholic Church/ H-D conspiracy stories? Do you?

Go get some sleep. And for God's sake, drink something.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:42 PM   #77
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

"I love her" Enough said. Kid (Lee) get the 599. No rider uses these words unless the bike is great.

That is demonstrably false. Such words are spoken subjectively (by definition: love is always from the discreet perspective of the lover, and as such, human love has no universally applicable proper object). That is to say that a statement of affection towards a given subject in no way bears on the objective goodness of the subject nor of the contribution to the Good by such.