Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 05-09-2005, 09:56 AM   #11
Mooner
Founding Member

Default Re: Newbie Upgrade

HOW ABOUT A NICE GIXXER ONE THOUSAND. ANYTHING ELSE IS FOR GIRLZ!!!!!
Mooner is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2005, 10:13 AM   #12
SRMark
Founding Member

Moto Guzzi Breva 750.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:16 AM   #13
acecycleins
Founding Member

Sometimes you have to speak (write) loudly to make sure people get the point. The forum (although it's supposed to be for fun, as well) is here to help people with real questions about this sport. If we don't lead newbies in the right direction then we get roads filled with squids, police that pick on us and ever increasing insurance premiums. So, there. Blah, Blah and two pair of pants-----
Old 05-09-2005, 10:37 AM   #14
Fenton
Founding Member

He doesn't say he is not riding an Aprilia RS250. We also don't know how big or small he is. There also maybe a chance he is the type of person that should never have started riding in the first place. Now that I have been a jerk, I agree with you, I worried about suspension on my 10th bike.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:51 AM   #15
iamz
Founding Member

Default A GIXXER!

HA! ALL LITER BIKES ARE GIRL BIKES! I SAY GO ALL OUT AND GIT YOURSELF A BOSSHOSS! ONLY A GIRL WOULD RIDE ANYTHING SMALLER!
iamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:58 AM   #16
KLRer
Founding Member

the Kawasaki KLR 650 might be worth checking out if available in your locale. That wouldnt be the UK though, as I recall. Anyway, its versatile, comfortable and fun to ride. And inexpensive. And fairly bulletproof if you ever drop it.
KLRer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 11:05 AM   #17
acecycleins
Founding Member

It's funny that the big picture gets missed sometimes in this forum. We have a good time jabbing back and forth with one another but when it comes time to offer real advice to people that are admittedly new riders we tend to take it too lightly. Most of the guys here that are regulars & have a decade or better of experience. Back when most of us started riding all bikes handled like crap and were (by today's standards) slow to do anything (accelerate, handle, stop). This is where the MOFO's should be stepping up. Not ribbing the newbies. We know (from current experience) what we would want if we started out brand new. Today my bike of chioce is the SV. The bike I learned to ride was a 80 GS850. Today that would be a joke. It's like learning on a Nighthawk 250 in todays standards. Would you do that? He did it right and now wants to take the next step. Help guide the guy and we'll gain a MOFO for life.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:25 AM   #18
sliphorn
Registered Member

The big maxi scooters are nice, no doubt. Since he's in England howse 'bout checkin' out the Piaggio X9 and BV 500. Both single cylinder 500's that are quick, agile, comfy, and good lookin' to boot.
sliphorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 12:02 PM   #19
Z1chopper
Founding Member

You would be best off to sit down and decide what kind of riding you will be doing in the future. Biking gets in the blood and most want bigger more powerful bikes sooner or later.

Do you want cheap transportation or do you want to travel or are you the type that can't help but to make every encounter with another bike into a race. One last word do you like working on bikes?

Just something to think about.

I have a chopper, a custom, and a Yamaha FJR.

And now I am looking at Ducati's.

Be careful the bug may bite you too.

Steve

Z1chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 12:46 PM   #20
Fenton
Founding Member

Mine was a 1980 CX500 custom. That may explain my bent toward twins. I just wonder how much "opinion" is rehash of a review that was read. When I start thinking of a 954 and soft luggage as a weekend trip bike, I know this sport can make even a "wiser" rider do dumb things.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote