Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 04-26-2005, 07:38 PM   #11
Pinkslip
Founding Member

Default Re: Need Help with Leathers

Kangaroo hide is much more comfortable to wear. It is hard to find in the U.S. though.

Frank Thomas just came out with a Kangaroo hide (both in one- and two-piece) suit for only $900. Frank Thomas also has a little more room in the torso (it is an English brand, versus the skinny italian cuts of Alpinestars and Dainese). If you have a gut, these'll work. If you have more than a gut, well, lose some weight and use a new set of leathers as a motivating factor.

You'd be hard pressed to find another kangaroo hide for that price. Frank Thomas is sold at Cycle Gear.
Pinkslip is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2005, 07:40 PM   #12
SpongeBOB
Founding Member

Try this place;

Motorcycle Leather Exchange
SpongeBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 08:36 PM   #13
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Syed Leathers.

Check out MO's product section, there's an article about Syed Leathers: $875 for a one-piece set of custom-tailored leathers. For a bit more you can design you own suit and make it as hidious as you like.

This should get you there.

http://www.syedleathers.com
Old 04-26-2005, 08:50 PM   #14
jungkvist
Founding Member

You can probably go to a shoe-repair shop and have a zipper installed to connect your 2 piece. I replaced the nylon zippers in my Sidi boots, with brass, for $20. So I figure you could probably do a wrap-around suit zipper for about $50-60, depending on where you live.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:04 PM   #15
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Also, you might want to try this site.

New Enough Leathers - http://www.newenough.com - used to sell used leather but now they only deal in discount and close-out items. They have several name brands, including Vanson.

Me, I'm built like a fire-hydrant, so I'm planning on going with Syed and custom fit.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:16 PM   #16
manwhore
Founding Member

Good advice by everyone. You might want to check out www.newenough.com for leathers and honest descriptions. Good folks to do business with.
manwhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 03:53 AM   #17
ducatirdr
Founding Member

Default Vanson Leathers

Vanson Leathers off the rack stuff is a lot looser than Italian and other Euro made stuff. While not the most trendy styling it is made to last forever. Trendy leathers go out of style pretty fast. A two piece system is the way to go for the street.
ducatirdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 05:10 AM   #18
Grum
Registered Member

Congratulations on first post. It's so important. Not sure about your self inflicted loss of virginity though. Isn't that some kind of immaculate deception?

Grum, President, MOFPC
Old 04-27-2005, 06:37 AM   #19
Fenton
Founding Member

Look at you go with the good advice. Another great idea that never crossed my mind. I'm getting tired of that always happening.

Thanks.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 07:33 AM   #20
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

I have been trying to find info on genuine Kangaroo for a while now too. To my dismay Alpinestars doesn't even offer a real kangaroo suit.

So far this is what I've been able to find:

Teknic's top-shelf suit, the Speedstar, is Kangaroo. The top of the line MotoGP-branded suit is also supposed to be Kangaroo, and Spidi offered a Kangaroo version of it's top-level suit at one time, but I can't seem to find anyone offering one from them now. Lastly, Dainese seems to have a kangaroo version of their T-Bora suit (I think that's what "canguro" means, $2649 at Kneedraggers, but you better trim and lean if you're buying this suit.)

You can expect to pay at least $1500 for a real kangaroo suit.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote