Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 04-15-2005, 06:40 AM   #1
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: Carl Fogarty vs. Valentino Rossi

u never know do u? i would like to see mladin get a shot on a good bike, really. i think rossi is faster but mladin might be Angry enough to make up the difference.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-15-2005, 06:57 AM   #2
bigdummy
Founding Member

Tell Carl to put down the crack pipe......
bigdummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 07:10 AM   #3
HelterSkelter
Founding Member

Carl never really got the kudos he deserved over here even when he was at he top of his game. I don't see that any US MOrons are going to change thier opinions now.

Carl was never terribly mushy when describing US teams or tracks or racers and from conversations Scott Russell has had that I've been privy too he certainly was no fan of Carls.

I'm shocked that Carl spoke about Scott the way he did, coming from Foggy his comments amount to love fest.

BTW, Foggy vs. Rossi, puhleeeze! Foggy would crush him like the pretender Rossi is.

Heh, heh.
HelterSkelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 07:17 AM   #4
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Shouldn't this be Fogarty vs. Kocinski, -or- Fogarty vs. Edwards?

For a man to deliberately stay-away from the GP scene for his entire (mostly dominant) career, then start taking about how he would beat the (totally dominant) world GP champion is just silly. Fogartys just fishing for press and in this case I guess he received it.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:55 AM   #5
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Foggy also said he would have beat Jordan 1 on 1 in his prime, and whupped Ali in the ring on his best day. As long as it's just talkin', Foggy can be whatever he wants to be. Too bad reality says he's a currently a has-been Superbike Champ and a never-was GP champ. I figure we should be hearing from Mladin about 5 years after he quits on how he could have beaten everyone too.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:17 AM   #6
sarnali
Founding Member

As he stated in the interveiw, when he was on top WSB was the premier class with the likes of Foggy, Nori Haga, Troy Corser, Colin Edwards, etc... what incentive would there be at that time to move to two strokes in MotoGP?

Now that MotoGP is four strokes they've eclipsed WSB in fan base and sponsership and as Jerez showed put up some absolutely fantastic racing, but at the time WSB was the most exciting.

As for whether Foggy in his prime could beat Rossi now, well I think ol' Carls dreaming but it would make a hell of a race to see.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 08:21 AM   #7
ebass
Founding Member

So did I ever tell you guys about the last time I was at the track with SA and Mike Emery? Aaaaaah, I awoke, fresh from my nap in the pits, in time for the day's final session....
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 08:25 AM   #8
johnnyb
Founding Member

fuggin' tough crowd man. U know, any of those guys who make it to the professional level think they can beat God otherwise they would never have got there, has been my experience. Ask the slowest backmarker out there if he could beat mladin on mladin's bike, and i already know the answer. ***** man, Fogarty won WSC champeenship how many times? He's entitled to a little chest thumping. Great laguna seca race when kocinski beat him, tho. `97?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 08:58 AM   #9
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

LOL, you said it, Johnny:

Foggy won how many champeenships, and he still has the same complex as the slowest backmarker.

Doesn't reflect well on him, does it?
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 09:18 AM   #10
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

To find out what would happen to Foggy against Valentino is easy. Just watch Colin. Back inn his RC45 days, Edwards was just behind His Highness a couple of times, then he got the RC51 and Foggy had no answer. So, one could conclude that Colin is about the same ability and skill as Carl.

Now Colin is on 99% the same bike as Valentino and he can't quite catch Rossi. So, it is pretty clear that Carl couldn't either.

Speaking of Rossi, he should lose the Jerez points as a penalty for that NASCAR pass. Suddenly Biaggi's move a few years back looks different. Whether or not Sete left the door open is irrelevant. Anytime you pass somebody and slam him hard enough to seriously injure him, you are in the wrong. Period. Rossi should lose the points.
BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote