Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 04-16-2005, 04:30 AM   #31
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: A Bit out of Context...

If he believed in his own ability so much, why didn't he challenge Doohan? Why is he now wanting to challenge Rossi? He is just like Mladin. He stayed where he could win and never moved into another arena to prove himself against the best. He already rolled over for the best. Doohan was certainly the best, and the great "Foggy" had no challenge for him. That way the great "Foggy" could still be the best in his own mind, just like Mladin thinks he's the best. He was NOT the greatest champion of his era. Doohan was. "Foggy" needs to listen to "Glory Days" from Springsteen. Please no more boring stories Foggy.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-16-2005, 04:32 AM   #32
pdad13
Founding Member

Yeah, I feel the same way. The guy was a great rider in his time, might still be. It's only natural to for him to feel like he could compete.

But while his analysis of MotoGP is accurate in some respects, he comes off sounding a bit envious.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 05:28 AM   #33
ender
Registered Member

Default What about me?

If I had the bike, the money, the talent, the time and the looks I could beat them all and solve world hunger...
ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 05:32 AM   #34
iamz
Founding Member

Default Re: Carl Fogarty vs. Valentino Rossi

Is that an original quote?
iamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 12:06 PM   #35
Lastwatch
Founding Member

So he should have gone and jumped on a 500cc 2 stroke GP bike? Sorry, that's a completely different animal. He'd never raced a machine like that professionally, and frankly, neither has Mladin. As Foggy said, WSBK was the place to be at the time and he was doing more and earning more than he could anywhere else. According to your logic, he also should have jumped on a dirt bike to challenge McGrath's then dominance of MX.
Lastwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 01:34 PM   #36
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

<blockquote>"...he's supposed to just roll over for somebody he never actually competed against? That would not reflect well on his record or gritty personality."</blockquote>

LOL, what doesn't reflect well on him is that he's making a claim about his own greatness that he knows he'll never have to prove.</p>
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote