Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Help! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/help/)
-   -   BADD Concert, Madison Sq Garden, 05/05/05 (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/help/2666-badd-concert-madison-sq-garden-05-05-05-a.html)

pushrod 02-09-2005 04:07 AM

Re: BADD Concert, Madison Sq Garden, 05/05/05

FIRST POST!

Woo-Hoo!

I'd better get back to work...

WTF "remanence"? M-W defines it as "the magnetic induction remaining in a magnetized substance no longer under external magnetic influence".

BTW, Tull (with Anderson, Barry and Perry) will be in concert in Dubai tomorrow! So, if you happen to be in the area, go see them!

http://www.jethrotull.com/

Happy Chinese New Year!

pushrod 02-09-2005 04:37 AM

Oops. Make that, "Barre". Sorry, Martin.

mile_eater 02-09-2005 04:44 AM

Frankly I'm sick of this crap. All of these Against Drunk Driving people are gettin' on my nerves.

We've reached the point where selling drugs will get you less time than drinkin' 1 beer before you head out to walmart.

Spare your harrowing emotional tales about so-and-so who was killed by a drunk driver. Plenty of people are killed by stupid drivers everday and I don't hear anyone forming groups to protest them.

I'd rather ride behind a half drunk in an SUV than a pissed off dad in a mini-van anyday... or a woman driving... well... anything.

We've reached the point of ridiculous with DUI. As MADD, and BADD, and SADD, and DADD or whatever other alphabet group demands lower and lower blood achohol concentration levels in our laws, the laws themselves become more and more pointless.

And of course, these groups will continue to lobby for lower levels, because... duh... that's how they get new members. That's why they exist.

So you're sister-mom-dad-brother-son-daughter was killed by a drunk driver? I'm sorry. I really am. Time for some perspective though people. Do we know that it was the alchohol that made that driver do something stupid? I don't think we do. After all, perfectly sober people do stupid things all the time!

Should it be illegal? Yes. But killing someone with your car while drunk, shouldn't be any different than killing someone in your car while sober.

Stupidity and carelessness are just as bad as drunkeness.

longride 02-09-2005 04:50 AM

So it's DASD?? Drunks Against Stupid Drivers.

mile_eater 02-09-2005 04:55 AM

Why do we have to limit it to drunks and drivers?

Can't it be People Against Rampant Stupidity?

PARS!

seruzawa 02-09-2005 05:24 AM

You should join DAMM.... Drunks Against Mad Mothers. They meet every week or at least they try. The problem is that they usually can't drive from the strip club to the DAMM meeting hall without getting arrested, lost or passing out.

The President of DAMM, Nick Nolte, or the Secretary, Courtney Love, or the CEO, Jack Nicholson, can get you a membership application.... provided that they can find the car keys....

seruzawa 02-09-2005 05:28 AM

PARS would have to be headquartered in Seattle......

mile_eater 02-09-2005 06:44 AM

Re: Drunk Drivers For Dummies

Fact: "under the influence of alchohol" has no scientific meaning, nor evidence to back up the claim. Blood Alchohol Consentration is a sham. While .47 will kill most people, there are plenty of folks out there who can have .50 and show no visible signs of being drunk at all.

Spend some time in a VET Hospital. You'll see what I mean.

mile_eater 02-09-2005 06:47 AM

Of course. Voice an unpopular opinion... therefore I must be a drunk.

I don't support the war on drugs... so I must also be a crackhead... I don't support the War on Poverty.. so I must be a greedy rich jerk...

Next up... I don't support the war on "terrorism" so I must therefore be a peacenik hippy liberal.

It's all crap.