Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (
-   Help! (
-   -   BADD Concert, Madison Sq Garden, 05/05/05 (

jungkvist 02-10-2005 08:47 PM

Rhetorical answer to dumb question, not dumb answer to rhetorical question.
Alcohol doesnÂ’t harm people in accidents, being impaired is what gets people hurt. When was the last time you saw an octogenarian asked to step out of their car and given a test, to prove they werenÂ’t impaired? Are you saying that a shot and a couple of beers after work, is enough to render a normal-healthy man wretchedly Senile?

When was the last time you were pulled over and checked to see if you had enough sleep? Of course, your kid were sick the night beforeÂ…So what, if your friend just diedÂ…Who cares, if the ghost of Elvis has been haunting your house and singing AinÂ’t Nuthin But a Hound Dog, and keeping you awakeÂ…youÂ’re still impairedÂ…so, whaddaya doing behind the wheel? And, why shouldnÂ’t the authorities be allowed to test you? After all, itÂ’s for the good of Society!

Coffee can impairÂ…but, it helps tired people work and improves productivity. Prozac doesnÂ’t cureÂ…but, it does elevate a personÂ’s serotonin-levels enough, to improve their productivity, in the work place. Are we starting to see a pattern? Maybe, Productivity = Money?

ThatÂ’s Right! Money is the Sum of the equation and the Answer to the question: Why does Law Enforcement pursue DUI convictions, so rabidly?

jungkvist 02-10-2005 09:00 PM

Truth, Justice and the Ironic American Way... long as you Wave the Flag, you can wave the People's Rights.

jungkvist 02-10-2005 09:47 PM

Re: BADD Concert, Madison Sq Garden, 05/05/05
I've been sober for almost 15 years.

And, even, I think, the DUI laws are absurd!

Nothing like seeing a guy who drinks about a case of beer annually (who got busted after having a couple drinks, with a co-worker who was celebrating getting engaged) walk in to a meeting and try to convince himself that he's a Alcoholic! Makes sense to me...

Of couse, over in the corner there's a low-bottom drunk who beats his wife and can't keep a job and the only reason he's there is because his wife threatened to leave him and take away his prize possesions (one, usually being a Harley) so he figured that he'd better go to a couple meetings to get his wife off his back but the chances of him getting sober are slim and none because he could actually Give a Sh!t about anything anyone is saying because he doesn't have a problem anyway.

Now, tell me again how the recent crack-down is keeping drunks off the road.

cptaebphd 02-11-2005 12:40 AM

Congrats on your sobriety. IÂ’ve been drinking 20+ years and adhere to simple physiologically-based rules when I imbibe. Test pilots I work with also follow these rules. They just plain work.

Nice scenarios. HereÂ’s another: my friend got a DUI about the same time you went cold turkey. He doesnÂ’t drink and drive anymore. The laws had the intended behavioral change; i.e., they worked.

If you think decriminalizing drunk driving is the answer, then put a bow on it and toss it into the market of ideas. And say hi to Mark Churchill.

BMW4VWW 02-11-2005 05:49 AM

So what you're saying is that you're so busy wrapping yourself up in your cloak of self-righteousness that you don't have time to be bothered with the fact that the state is imprisoning and extorting money from people that statistically have no more accidents than people who haven't had a drink.

The illogic of your thought process might be amusing if your willingness to allow the persecution of your neighbors for non-crimes driven by the mass hysteria cause du jour werenÂ’t so prevalent in the society of sheep that we have become. VWW

cptaebphd 02-11-2005 01:15 PM

So if I don't believe you and your little drunk defender website and its statistics then I'm self righteous and illogical? Pot, kettle?

BMW4VWW 02-11-2005 01:57 PM

The study I was refering to was compiled by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Is that good enough for you, or is the NHTSA part of the conspiricy to legalize drunk driving? You can find the chart on the bottom the Stuidies page on the "little drunk defender website". That is when your done being self righteous, and illogical. ;-) VWW

cptaebphd 02-13-2005 06:41 AM

Using govt studies to simultaneously bash the incompetence of govt. Priceless.

BMW4VWW 02-13-2005 09:04 AM

While I would agree with you on the incompetence of most every thing the government does, the very fact that their own study hoists them on their own petard however, should give you cause to question your willingness to follow their every dictate. You seem to have a problem with anything that is contrary to your preconceived notions. You have a problem accepting a study done by a libertine thinking group that runs a website contrary to government propaganda, and you show equal disdain for a study done by the very same government whose laws you adamantly support. What exactly would it take to show you that you're mistaken on this issue? VWW