Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 02-10-2005, 02:17 AM   #31
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Wow!

That took some work...Nice job!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2005, 02:52 AM   #32
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Re: BADD Concert, Madison Sq Garden, 05/05/05

In other words: Whatever's left...when all-else is gone (i.e. Book of Isiah's discription of The Nation of Israel, when it finally returns to the Promised Land: "The Remanent"...).

Or somethin' like that...mite'a-been: Hallucinations: 4:11...
Old 02-10-2005, 03:30 AM   #33
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Point Well Taken. and I might ad...

Psychological / Physical / Emotional / Sexual Abuse is rampant in our Society! While nobody can do little-or-anything about it (often, because it happens in The HomeÂ…The Perp is FamilyÂ…and, the realization is often too Horrendous for most people to believe, so itÂ’s ignored) Drugs & Alcohol are usually the Catalyst that proceed the Abuse.

Children, need protectionÂ…Society, needs protectionÂ…We All Need PROTECTIONÂ…but somebody wanna tell me how settin-up road blocks and catchin Weekend Warriors is doin any-a that!

If you canÂ’t regulate the breeding-habits of the Genetically Compromised InbredÂ…YouÂ’re Screwed!

Old 02-10-2005, 03:35 AM   #34
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default OOPs...

Sorry, that should have been Psychologically Compromised InbredÂ…My Bad!
Old 02-10-2005, 04:50 AM   #35
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Wow!

When you see people like Paris Hilton you might begin to believe that sometimes Karl Marx made a good point.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:29 AM   #36
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default sick of it too

Maybe someone could dig up the post, on MO, by an attorney a while back (I can't even remember the thread, probably something about the HURT study or motorcycle crash statistics or something) stating that the vast majority of DWIs result from the driver breaking some petty infraction or having an equipment violation, not because they were actually showing signs of intoxication while driving. IIRC, he also said that most of the accidents and deaths were caused by people driving with far more than .08 or .10 in them.

This is not meant for bragging purposes but more for analogy: I defy anyone to find the nearest cell-phone-talking, suburban driving soccer mom and have her drive better than me, in any respect, while she is stone sober, and I have had 5 beers.

Yes I used to drink and drive with pretty strong buzzes and, on occasion, perhaps drunk. I never caused an accident or anything close to it. I was a better driver after several beers than 95% of the sober driving public. One time I passed a field sobriety test (a really hard one too, involving the alphabet and standing on one leg for 30 seconds) after 6 beers and a couple shots of jag during MNF. No I do not do that anymore.

DWI laws have long since graduated from public safety concern into police state tactics.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 06:23 AM   #37
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: sick of it too

http://www.motorists.org/issues/dwi/index.html

VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 07:47 AM   #38
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: BADD Concert, Madison Sq Garden, 05/05/05

Yep. they always like to say 50% are aclcohol-related, which means any amount of alcohol in any of the participants. so what causes the other 50% of accidents? carelessness and cell phones and god knows what. I think overzealous DUI enforcement, then there's DARE at school, just makes people overconfident that as long as they're totally sober nothing bad can happen to them.

Three motorcycle cops around here have been killed in the last few years. In every case it was the middle of the day and no alcochol or drugs involved. Also fun to watch moto cops practice in the big parking lot close to my office, zipping round the cones in their shortsleeve shirts... ironic that the people charged with enforcing Safety have so little clue, innit?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote