Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 02-09-2005, 10:29 AM   #21
mile_eater
Founding Member

Default Re: drunks I can deal with ...

no no! We have to keep those people! They're to much fun! You should see 'em scatter when ya swerve their way!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2005, 11:31 AM   #25
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Drunk Drivers For Dummies

Especially remember not to dring when you ride.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:13 PM   #27
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

One of the MOfo's turned me on to this site the last time the supporters of total government control were whining about drinking and driving. Some good stuff here. VWW http://www.motorists.org/issues/dwi/index.html
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 07:22 PM   #28
seruzawa
The Toad

I read through it and I was struck by the similarity of the campaign carried out by the MADD types of people and govt agencies that seek totalitarian control like Child Agencies. They all engage in lies, half truths, hyperbole, fear mongering and always propose as a "solution" the denial of due process to the accused... thus setting up little Hitler style bureaucrats with unaccountable power.

I guess that since these sorts of propaganda campaigns have worked so well and have so easily sucked in the weakminded kooks of the world we can expect more of it.

Remember the excuse that was used to loot the tobacco companies? That the medical costs of smoking related (not smoking caused mind you)illnesses had to be recouped? Well, guess what? All of the tobacco settlement money has been spent as general revenue by the States. Some States are even in trouble because they borrowed, in advance, and spent all the expected tobacco billions and now the money is not coming in like they pretended it would. Har har. To top it off I saw where some medical agencies have sued their own States in order to get any of that money.

"All decent men are ashamed of their govt." - HL Mencken
Old 02-09-2005, 08:10 PM   #29
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Re: BADD Concert, Madison Sq Garden, 05/05/05

MADD, SADD, RADD, PADD, CADD, FADD, PLADD, SPADD: If I didn't list your originization...it's not because I forgot...I honestly don't care!

Bake sales, block parties, bingo, and laws won't stop a REAL problem drinker, from driving. Habitual drunks are clever, decietful, creative pathalogical-liars who could give a Sh!t about anything, but getting a drink.

As for what the new and stricker DUI laws, they might pull-in the occasional Alky; but mostly they exist to make money. And, they often do nothing but wreck the lives and reputations, of social drinkers.

DUI Enforcement, has become the Sacrid Cash-Cow of local governments. Make a bust...Prosecute an offender...and, Hey, whaddaya know...Money: lots of it...that wasn't so hard!

At several-thousand-dollars a POP...DUI convictions are too easy and too valuable, to ignore. Some local govenment (mine) have made prosecuting DUIs a Cottage Industry...line them up - knock them down - collect the cash!
Old 02-10-2005, 01:43 AM   #30
unpaved313
Founding Member

Default Re: BADD Concert, Madison Sq Garden, 05/05/05

About this People Against Rampant Stupidity? Why not make that extra step and commitment? How about People Against Rampant Idiotic Stupidity Hassling Idiotic Lushes That Obnoxiously Navigate?

Then you'd have PARIS HILTON. (And she'd finally be good for SOMETHING!)