Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 02-09-2005, 07:07 AM   #11
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Drunk Drivers For Dummies

So all vets are raging alcholics now?

The legal limit in Washington is .08, which for me is about 4 beers. I know from experiance I'm not comfortable driving after I drink four beers.

This is a stupid discussion anyway, drunk drivers kill and injure people everyday, if you want to get drunk don't drive. How hard is that to figure out?
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2005, 07:57 AM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: BADD Concert, Madison Sq Garden, 05/05/05

C'mon dude, my tongue was implanted firmly in my cheek as you should know by now.

Us crackeaded, rich, greedy, jerk, peacenik, hippy liberal DAMM members got to stick together.

Actually I agree with you. I know people who can drive better at .1 than the army of octagenarians that congregate at the local temple. You should see my neighbor who drives to the market down a 50mph road at 25mph in the left lane. But since he's "sober" (God only knows how many medications he's taking) we aren't supposed to care. I'm more worried about the insane levels of SSRI's and various painkillers and other crap that people are taking these daze. That guy next to you might be half-crocked on Ambien and if he causes a wreck no one will ever be the wiser.

For that matter there's a chick who used to work here who was on so many different prescribed controlled substances that when she ran out a couple of days early each month she went into withdrawals. Her behavior each day was indistinguishable from a smack junkie. She can legally drive though. Maybe she was getting Social Security checks too... they support junkies.

I used to do news research and discovered that the vast majority of serious accidents are caused by drunks who are way way over .1% and almost always already have their licenses revoked.

But, no problem. All we gotta care about are those dastardly jerks who are slightly over the legal limit of .08. They aren't drunk and they don't cause wrecks... but they are evil, right? Plus they pay those big fines.

Old 02-09-2005, 08:34 AM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

These whining meemies are the same loonies who've created an atmosphere where parents are in danger of having their children taken by the State if the kids show up to school with a bandaid on their arm.

You may be interested in knowing that when the safety nazis bulled through their stupid pet .08% limit in Utah it was opposed by, guess who?..... Law Enforcement!! They didn't want to be bothered having to deal with people who aren't drunk.

So, while the cops are hauling Joe off who is at .081%, Bill goes tearing by at .22%.

Old 02-09-2005, 08:41 AM   #14
mile_eater
Founding Member

I didn't say anything about "all vets". I said you could see some serious examples of alchohol tolerence at the Vet Hospitals, and you can. My wife has seen guys walkin' around with concentrations well over .50.

If you can't read the "Sherry Enema" story you know that .47 killed that fella.. and by the way is that a darwin award in the makin' or what?

But I digress...

The discussion Sarnali is not whether drinking and driving is right or wrong... or even if drunks cause accidents.

The discussion is about the enforcement of the laws, and the specifics of the laws, and the fact that they have gotten out of hand.

DUI is now being used as a source of income for many states (Tennessee for example) and they therefore benefit by these assinine limits.

We're in the process of building a police state. But that's ok... Because its for the children!

This is what I hate about America... Everytime somebody gets killed we have to pass a law to stop it.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:42 AM   #15
mile_eater
Founding Member

Sorry man... My panties have been waddin' up rather easily these last couple days...

Gonna have to switch back to Burlap.
Old 02-09-2005, 09:15 AM   #16
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Just wear your helmet, go to the gym, and everything will be all right.........Really.
Old 02-09-2005, 09:24 AM   #17
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

And I bet it was drunks who cracked all those Goldwing frames too.
Old 02-09-2005, 09:24 AM   #18
staff
Registered Member

Remanence, noun

The state of being remanent; continuance; permanence.
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 10:10 AM   #19
naco_traficante
Registered Member

Default drunks I can deal with ...

I'm waiting for some group against those "charity" vendors who loiter around intersections and run up to your car when you're waiting at the red light. Years ago there were only the Kiwanas and VFW but now there's a new bunch every weekend, looking like they just got off their night shift operating carnival rides, and it's usually not clear what (if any) charity they represent.

naco_traficante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 10:28 AM   #20
mile_eater
Founding Member

Dude... What on earth would make you think I'd be seen at a gym? Ya think I'm some kind limpwristed nancyboy who gets his jollies watching other guys work out?

I believe that position is already filled around here.

Right Kpaul?