Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 01-20-2005, 03:51 PM   #21
obandoj
Founding Member

Default Re: Warm Weather Gear

Fingerless gloves? What about fingerless hands! Ouch...
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2005, 03:57 PM   #22
obandoj
Founding Member

You poor baby, I was wearing my mesh jacket today in sunny Arizona, ha, ha.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:00 PM   #23
obandoj
Founding Member

No fingerless gloves for me.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:17 PM   #24
jonlich
Founding Member

I think you should take a good look at the jackets from BROSH (www.brosh.com) This is a small company in Isreal who make wonderful warm weather gear that is inexpensive to boot!! Their gear is worn by the motorcycle police in Isreal and I have been using my armored Jacket for 5years + and I won't wear anything else when the weather is above 80 degrees. I have been fortunate enough not to have to find out from personal experience how these jackets hold up in a crash. Though there are testimonials etc. on the website.

Just my two cents.
jonlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 05:27 PM   #25
vcs700s
Founding Member

Yea. I love them. Very comfortable. Great when it is hot.

Hey, I wear a full face helmet, so give me a break. At least I don't wear a brain bucket.
vcs700s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 05:42 PM   #26
Kevan
Registered Member

I have a Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket that I used riding through the plains states in the summer of 2003. From Maryland west it was always in the high 90's to over 100 degrees.

Round about Illinois, I discovered you could just dunk the jacket in water and it acted like it's own air conditioning system for up to two hours. Did the jacket no harm and, once the spinal protection pad was really soaked, it kept my back cool for hours.

They (Joe Rocket) now sell a "Sahara" vest that soaks up water like a sponge and that you can wear under the jacket and it works well.

Good luck in your search.

Kevan
Kevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 04:29 AM   #27
maladg
Registered Member

Archangle, JohnnyB speaks the "truth of the ages" about leather in general and Vanson in particular.

If $$$ is an issue, and it usually is, the Joe Rocket stuff is pretty good. I'm quite happy now with my Reactor - mix of mesh and perf leather. Has held up very well for 3 full seasons.

MotorCycle Consumer News had a nice eval of most of the more popular mesh jackets a yr or so ago. I'd love to take the time to go find the link - IF they have posted the article - or go to my MCN archives and just find it for ya, but duty calls: so this will just be my usual "drive by posting".
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 05:05 AM   #28
Buzz_Waloch
Founding Member

I find a wife-beater shirt works really well in the warm temps. Wear your full-face helmet on top of your head and flip flops and you'll be fine.

That 83 degree day on Wednesday was a real bytch wasn't it?
I sincerely apologize for my antics her at MO. It is readily apparent that the majority of MO readers do not appreciate my megalomaniac WWF MO persona. Like the husband that is the last to know his wife is having an affair, I did not understand the detrim
Buzz_Waloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 07:00 AM   #29
theDuke
Founding Member

Default Re: Triumph Raptor Vented

If there is a Triumph dealer nearby, try their Raptor vented jacket. I bought one last summer and think it's a great buy. I believe I paid about $120. If you care, the logos are kept to a minimum with only a small "T" logo on the upper back and "Triumph" embossed on the snaps and zipper pulls.

It has the usual mesh interspersed with heavier cordura on the shoulders, elbows, etc. and hard-backed CE-approved armor on the elbows and shoulders, with a thickly padded back protector as well. The armor was far superior to any of the other mesh jackets I saw in local stores.

I hot weather the venting makes it seem as if I'm wearing a t-shirt but the jacket has a reassuringly heavy and well-made feel to it.

theDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 10:56 AM   #30
civicracerx
Founding Member

A brand that seems to be pretty underrated is Fieldsheer. They consistently have fresh designs, plenty of options throughout most price ranges, and I've crashed 2 of their PolyTitanium Mesh jackets, both of which held up unbelievably well.
civicracerx is offline   Reply With Quote