Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Help! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/help/)
-   -   Zero gravity vs. laminar lip (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/help/2630-zero-gravity-vs-laminar-lip.html)

seruzawa 01-16-2005 03:23 AM

Re: Zero gravity vs. laminar lip

REAL cold is the polar wind coming off Siberia while you're standing ouside on watch off Kamchatka. Ever seen salt water freeze and make a ship topheavy?

Wussies.

sarnali 01-16-2005 03:25 AM

Re: Well there ya go

Just shows Chicago Pollocks don't feel the cold.

Prob'ly all that crappy beer and sausage.

sarnali 01-16-2005 03:27 AM

Not so fast Grasshopper...

The ZRX is a race replica, Eddie Lawson rode one in the early 80's superbike races

sarnali 01-16-2005 03:34 AM

Re: Blue Nose

I spent some time in the Arctic Circle and North Atlantic, when you're wearing wool longjohns, dungarees, O.D. coveralls and a foul weather jacket to stand fireroom watches you know you've arrived. The lowest I saw was 35 degree water in the sea scoop

One of the few times I felt sorry for airdales.

mile_eater 01-16-2005 04:02 AM

I fabricated my own laminar lip. A heat gun, a dremel tool, some 3m tape, and some time is all ya need.

whole project cost about 17 bucks.

After about 6 months of hard riding (150mph+ on occasion) it was starting to move around a little so I tood it off.

While it was on though... it turned the old 1000 effer into a goldwing. It was a beautiful thing. I painted the inside of it black... it really gave the old bike the transformer look!

longride 01-16-2005 04:35 AM

Re:

If it warmed up to 33 here, we'd call that summer. It's 4 right now with 40% humidity. That ain't dry. I've ridden all over the country, and you won't find cold that will penetrate your gear like this stuff. Ask people that have been through a cold Chicago winter. They ain't felt nothing like it.

Holy_Kaw 01-16-2005 05:46 AM

Wasn't that aka the H2 Kawasaki 750 Triple? A motorcycle with infamous handling and killer of many good riders? When I rode those I didn't EVEN TRY to hurry around corners, they were however quite entertaining in a straight line (with Denco (SP?) pipes and ported). My personal LOW-water mark was set by a 1976 KZ400 (sleazy 400) Kawasaki. I never got used to that "hinge in the middle" feeling while the rear end was doing pogo-stick impressions. It's doggy engine (90MPH) completed it's charm. When the engine started to blow, at about 10,000 miles, I opened the throttle and downshifted as I slowed until it stopped for GOOD.

Holy_Kaw 01-16-2005 05:54 AM

YEAH!!! Just call me Fast Daley! (OK Dale, time to wake up and take your Meds)

Holy_Kaw 01-16-2005 06:34 AM

Oh... in that case... well... never mind... Hope to get to Moroso for a track day in March after the 200, miss the twisties. I can't believe that there's not a single mountain pass road for hundreds of miles around here! Damn Government!

Holy_Kaw 01-16-2005 06:38 AM

2F!!! BRRRRRRRRRRR...!!!