Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 01-15-2005, 03:19 PM   #11
Mean
Registered Member

Default Re: Zero gravity vs. laminar lip

I have a 1999 ZX-6e with a ST screen. It places the wind at about the middle of my helmet and on the edges of my shoulders. A definite improvement over the stock screen.

G
Mean is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2005, 03:24 PM   #12
BackStreet
Founding Member

I've had the ZG Sport Touring on a Honda 600RR and a Honda 800 VFR. If I tuck just a little I am out of the wind. No noise. Nice

The Dark Smoke is too dark to look through at night. I just look over it.
BackStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 05:11 PM   #13
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

I'm convinced that the ZRX is getting a bum rap in the handling department. While I wouldn't contend it is a "Good" handling Motorcycle, properly adjusted I don't think it's "Bad".

When I first got mine and was pushing it slowly harder and harder to find a baseline before adjusting it's fully adjustable suspension I thought it's handling was "funky". When I went to start making adjustments I found out that the settings weren't balanced on both the front and rear. It is EASY to mis-adjust some of the settings. It was also slightly out of alignment. After taking the time to learn how to properly adjust the suspension and "perfectly" aligning it I was rewarded with a Motorcycle that I think handles "decently". It's roadholding seems fine on less than smooth pavement in corners and if the rear steps out it doesn't seem to upset the bike too badly IMHO. When Sean rode it he thought it felt significantly better than the test bike he had ridden. Decent handling combined with "good" brakes and "Killer" drives out of corners mean ZRX's can Really hustle on down any road IMHO.

Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 05:14 PM   #14
seruzawa
The Toad

Anyone who thinks that any modern sport standard "can't handle" should try a MachIII.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:17 PM   #15
jungkvist
Founding Member

aka, What's that thing layin out there in my field?
Old 01-15-2005, 06:26 PM   #16
pattonme
Founding Member

29F? You think that's cold? I ride every day in Chicago. Record so far was 2F. Thursday.
pattonme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 03:03 AM   #17
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

You got it. Tell these wimps what REAL cold is!
Old 01-16-2005, 03:59 AM   #18
Buzz_Waloch
Founding Member

I wasn't questioning the ZRX's ability to go around corners. Since you live in FL, I was questioning your ability to FIND corners.
I sincerely apologize for my antics her at MO. It is readily apparent that the majority of MO readers do not appreciate my megalomaniac WWF MO persona. Like the husband that is the last to know his wife is having an affair, I did not understand the detrim
Buzz_Waloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 04:11 AM   #19
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: "But it's a dry cold"

Yesterday was 29 and dry when I left for work, when I got off it had warmed up to 33 but it started raining mixed with ice pellets.

As it was above freezing and traffic the roads were wet but not icy. Just another winter ride here, my JR Ballistic 4.0, stylin' Triumph fleece jacket and SIDI's did their job and kept me warm and dry.

My TourMaster winter gloves however leaked and got my fingers cold. I've only had them 15 years and they've already got a few holes in them.

I think I'll send them a nasty letter
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 04:20 AM   #20
seruzawa
The Toad

No problem, Buzz. Everybody's so conditioned by KPail's unending diatribes that they just jump the gun and assume that you are asserting that nothing but a race replica is worth riding.