Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Help! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/help/)
-   -   Zero gravity vs. laminar lip (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/help/2630-zero-gravity-vs-laminar-lip.html)

Mean 01-15-2005 02:19 PM

Re: Zero gravity vs. laminar lip

I have a 1999 ZX-6e with a ST screen. It places the wind at about the middle of my helmet and on the edges of my shoulders. A definite improvement over the stock screen.

G

BackStreet 01-15-2005 02:24 PM

I've had the ZG Sport Touring on a Honda 600RR and a Honda 800 VFR. If I tuck just a little I am out of the wind. No noise. Nice

The Dark Smoke is too dark to look through at night. I just look over it.

Holy_Kaw 01-15-2005 04:11 PM

I'm convinced that the ZRX is getting a bum rap in the handling department. While I wouldn't contend it is a "Good" handling Motorcycle, properly adjusted I don't think it's "Bad".

When I first got mine and was pushing it slowly harder and harder to find a baseline before adjusting it's fully adjustable suspension I thought it's handling was "funky". When I went to start making adjustments I found out that the settings weren't balanced on both the front and rear. It is EASY to mis-adjust some of the settings. It was also slightly out of alignment. After taking the time to learn how to properly adjust the suspension and "perfectly" aligning it I was rewarded with a Motorcycle that I think handles "decently". It's roadholding seems fine on less than smooth pavement in corners and if the rear steps out it doesn't seem to upset the bike too badly IMHO. When Sean rode it he thought it felt significantly better than the test bike he had ridden. Decent handling combined with "good" brakes and "Killer" drives out of corners mean ZRX's can Really hustle on down any road IMHO.

seruzawa 01-15-2005 04:14 PM

Anyone who thinks that any modern sport standard "can't handle" should try a MachIII.

jungkvist 01-15-2005 05:17 PM

aka, What's that thing layin out there in my field?

pattonme 01-15-2005 05:26 PM

29F? You think that's cold? I ride every day in Chicago. Record so far was 2F. Thursday.

longride 01-16-2005 02:03 AM

You got it. Tell these wimps what REAL cold is!

Buzz_Waloch 01-16-2005 02:59 AM

I wasn't questioning the ZRX's ability to go around corners. Since you live in FL, I was questioning your ability to FIND corners.

sarnali 01-16-2005 03:11 AM

Re: "But it's a dry cold"

Yesterday was 29 and dry when I left for work, when I got off it had warmed up to 33 but it started raining mixed with ice pellets.

As it was above freezing and traffic the roads were wet but not icy. Just another winter ride here, my JR Ballistic 4.0, stylin' Triumph fleece jacket and SIDI's did their job and kept me warm and dry.

My TourMaster winter gloves however leaked and got my fingers cold. I've only had them 15 years and they've already got a few holes in them.

I think I'll send them a nasty letter

seruzawa 01-16-2005 03:20 AM

No problem, Buzz. Everybody's so conditioned by KPail's unending diatribes that they just jump the gun and assume that you are asserting that nothing but a race replica is worth riding.