Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 10-04-2004, 10:03 AM   #31
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: Bikes for short people?

If you are at a Triumph dealership trying out a Bonne try a Speed 4 as well. They seem to have a pretty low seat height, but you'd have to check it out.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2004, 10:05 AM   #32
Tigercub
Founding Member

If you look for suitable bikes by looking at the spec sheets for low seat heights you will miss the advantages of a narrow seat. The seat width can account for as much as an inch or two in height. So, it is best to sit on the machine to make sure it fits well.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:07 AM   #33
Tigercub
Founding Member

I had an old Suzuki 650 and they had a bad tendency to burn up their alternators. Do the 500s have this problem as well?
Old 10-04-2004, 10:11 AM   #34
SRMark
Founding Member

Get a good motard and turn it into a hardtail. At least the front end will have a good adjustable suspension.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 10:33 AM   #35
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Getting feet down is highly overrated...

Foot draggers and skimmers crack me up as well, that's a sure sign of someone who should stick to cars.

"Oh my god this bike might fall over at any minute" or how about "oh my god, I'm too stupid to understand gyroscopic effect on moving objects"
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 11:08 AM   #36
seruzawa
The Toad

Apparently not.

Suzuki had a lot of trouble with alternators in the 80's bikes. I had an '82 GS1000L that had burned its alternator. There's a Brit company that sells a replacement regulator that solves the problem.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:11 AM   #37
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Getting feet down is highly overrated...

"I'm also too stupid to realize what will happen to my foot if I catch my toe on an obstruction as my foot skims along at 25mph
Old 10-04-2004, 11:14 AM   #38
Tomas_P
Founding Member

Default Buell XB12Scg could be good...

My '05 Buell XB12Scg fits me perfectly (I'm 5'5", 140 lbs.). The "cg" in the model number indicates the "low" version, which is derived from a combination of suspension tweaks and a slightly lower seat. Since this is a factory "mod" everything is Kosher and the bike's handling is uncompromised.

And there's no compromise in performance either, with that big 1200cc twin rumbling out the torque. This bike is plenty fast enough for most folks and just a plain HOOT to ride. I am delighted that Buell was thoughtful enough to build a bike just for me and the other short guys and gals out there. Thanks, Erik B.!
Tomas_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 11:15 AM   #39
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Bikes for short people? - Duc maintenance

Remember also that with bucket and shim adjusters you seldom need to adjust the valves again after the initial run-in. They usually check out just fine.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:47 AM   #40
sarnali
Founding Member

Lucas?
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote