Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 08-21-2004, 09:37 AM   #11
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: 2004 gsxr-750 v. 2004 cbr1000rr

Winger, good to see you back on track. Forget that buying a Harley nonsense, did ya? I've got one question. Don't the new Wings have enough overheating troubles without the Florida heat? He wanted "urban" not "boring".

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-21-2004, 09:39 AM   #12
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default Don't Mind if We, I said you and me, Are Blackbirds

I guess they don't have it for the U.S. market as a 2004 model, but if you can find a 2002 or 2003 model Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird, it may be a good choice for you.

From the reviews I've read, it devours miles and handles twisties with aplomb for a big bike.

T.W.O. rated it higher than the Hayabusa and the ZX-12R as well.
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 09:54 AM   #13
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Get one of those new Buell Lightning CITYX bikes

In an "Urban" environment? Yes, absoloutely. They are more nimble and deliver their power where you will actually use it. Not to mention the fact that in a hot & humid environment, the LAST thing you want is a fully faired bike.

Nobody is claiming that a Buell or other "standard" is faster than a CBR or GSX-R, all we are saying is that for what this person asked, they are far surperior to a CBR 1000RR or GSX-R 750. -Sean
Old 08-21-2004, 09:55 AM   #14
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Have you met MR ALLCAPS? sounds like you two might be related.
Old 08-22-2004, 01:15 AM   #16
dylanmo
Founding Member

Default Re: Longnazi and the Seven Swift Boat Dwarfs are the best

Awesome trollin' there. I award you an A-. But I gotta tell ya, with only the addition of some words in bold and a "joke" about Fox news, you could have had the full A.
dylanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 02:28 AM   #17
kowalke67
Founding Member

The CBR's seem to always get the node in mag reviews for being the most real world street friendly of the big 4 sport bikes, while sacrificing nothing in performance (nothing averages Joe's like most of us would be able to notice anyway). Everything I've read about GSXR's in general say they are the least friendly for real world riding- an uncompromising race ready ergonomic design.

Suzuki's 750 is an incredible bike but so is the CBR. Either one has more power than 95% of the riding public knows what to do with so IMO that shouldn't be a concern. I'd go with the CBR for the Florida flats.
Old 08-22-2004, 02:39 AM   #19
kowalke67
Founding Member

Default I'm also assuming...

...that because you mentioned these two bikes specifically and you've already owned a naked standard (FZ1) you are not considering non faired standard designs for this next bike purchase.

If that assumptions wrong I'd say forget both of these bikes and keep the FZ1 (wperformance tune & performance exhaust you've added some more thrill to it) or buy a Speed Triple (which doesn't make FZ1 power but put it's power in a better rpm range) and has a great exhaust note when you rev it.