Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 08-11-2003, 01:43 AM   #31
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Re: Looking for an 'interesting' daily-rider

Really. The new Katoom looks like the cat's meow.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-11-2003, 02:08 AM   #32
PsychoBueller
Founding Member

You wrote: "I need something with decent wind protection, good comfort, that can handle soft bags. Most of my riding is work-related, that means 80-90 mph on the freeways for an hour or more at a time."

How about a Gold Wing 1800. Fast, comfy, handles well. Seems to be all you wish for. Why bother taking a sportbike and making it a tourer?
Old 08-11-2003, 03:00 AM   #33
redlmtt
Founding Member

I too have been underwhelmed by Aprilias-a little sterile feeling, and less character than a VFR.

Try a Guzzi-old or new. Not the fastest thing around, by any means, but you won't see yourself on every corner, they sound great, and they run forever.
redlmtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 03:23 AM   #34
seruzawa
The Toad

Apparently not. Depends on your ethnic heritage.
Old 08-11-2003, 03:37 AM   #35
ducatirdr
Founding Member

Default Futura does it for me.

I love the looks of the flat black Futura and after riding one I think it is a winner. If you like the looks, (which I do but many don't) you'll love the features of this bike. It is by far the best commuter I have ever ridden. Very good wind protection, great stock seat, ergo's to last all day behind and very FUN engine. V-twin power for low end stomp...
ducatirdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 04:13 AM   #36
bwarbiany23
Founding Member

I've sat on the Futura... It feels like a big, comfy couch, but just aggressive enough to have fun with...

If I had enough money to buy another bike (only the SV650 for now), I'd consider a Futura...

bwarbiany23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 04:27 AM   #37
its1471
Registered Member

You didn't say what your price range is, but if you've won the lottery, look at the Munch Mammut 2000. Now that would be an interesting commute.
its1471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 05:33 AM   #38
nweaver
Founding Member

Default Well..

I've had two different dealers say that it takes $150 and $400 respectively to uncrate the same 1/2 faired bike.

Strangely enough, the same two dealerships said it took $150 and $400 respectively to ship the same bike from the port in Oakland to the local dealer.

Oh, and just in case thread drift is confusing, Scuderia (the SF dealer with the Capo) is NOT any of the two dealers in question. Scuderia has a good rep, and if I was looking for a bike, I'd probably hop on that Capo Nord deal quickly.
nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 06:01 AM   #39
lesmesa
Founding Member

Default Trophy

Just rode a Trophy this weekend, nice comfy bike with decent power and good handling. Have you ever taken any long trips on it sarnali? I'm shopping two-up sport tourers, and while I'm convinced it'd be an excellent commuter/fun combo, how's the long distance comfort & passenger accomodations?
lesmesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 06:08 AM   #40
lesmesa
Founding Member

Rode a Guzzi this weekend. Uhhh . . . . errr . . . . ummmm . . . . it was unique . . . . .and umm . . . err . . . I uh . . . . it cornered well . . . . . . . . . there may be several reasons you don't see many of them around . . . . . . Aprilias STERILE? Compared to a HONDA? I can't choose which bodily function noise I should use to respond to that . . . . . .
lesmesa is offline   Reply With Quote