Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 05-30-2003, 06:27 PM   #31
Vlad
Registered Member

Default Re: One more MOhawk Fantasy

Before you dive into the realm of cruisers, make sure the one you pick "fits." I personally find cruisers to be supremely comfortable, for about 100 miles, then I need to get off and try to get my back into normal shape. Cruisers just don't work for me, they may or may not for you. Try sittingo n one for about ten minutes and see if you get any "hot spots." If a cruiser works, any of the Japanese big bores are good buys. The Moto Guzzi is excellent. But you may also want to consider a larger standard, like a Suzuki Bandit 1200S. The seating position is nowhere near the lean angle of a Sprint or a VFR, but doesn't put extra weight on your bottom, like a cruiser does.

Vlad
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-30-2003, 08:04 PM   #32
wwalkersd
Founding Member

Default Re: ST4 to V-Strom?

Well, I'll admit the Multistrada would be really nice (I just read the glowing "First Ride" in Burnsie's former mag), and would still be a Duc. But it's, what, $11,500, to the Zook's $8900. They both look funky. The Zook's plenty fast enough for me, dealers are everywhere, valve adjustments are cheaper, etc., etc. And my back wouldn't have let me do that Cali coast tour on the ST4, so, no, I don't regret not waiting a year.
wwalkersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 08:31 PM   #33
crazybike_37
Founding Member

Y'know, I was just thinkin'... if you need something you can strech out on but still want to bomb some corners every once in a while, you could find a cheapo sportster 1200 and fix it up for real cheap. The only thing is the vibration, which, if it's as bad as the 883, will have you feet coming off those huge rubberfied pegs at anythings higher than 2 grand. Still, they supposedly go around corners better than a Zook' 1500LC or a Wide Glide. What? Numb hands you say? Don't be a wuss, you've mowed with a push mower before, right?
Old 05-31-2003, 07:15 AM   #34
Rude374
Registered Member

Why a cruiser.... if you are into sporty then why not something like an ST1100 / ST1300 or FJR 1300, Triumph Sprint ST, or even a Goldwing?

Rude
Rude374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 12:29 PM   #35
ValknMag
Founding Member

Hear, hear!

Valkyrie wasn't on your list, but give one a test drive. If you're willing to go up to a 1500 anyhow, you might like it.
ValknMag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 12:37 PM   #36
Jedi25
Registered Member

Interesting that no one has mentioned the Yamaha FZ-1. Very comfortable, upright riding position, great seat and grab rails for a passenger, and oh, did I mention 120ish HP at the rear wheel. The friggin thing flys! Not only that, but there are lots of accessories available including hard bags from Givi. You can do a track day, commute to work or take it touring. Best of all - 27,000 mile valve asjustments. IMHO, an awfully good bike with a very reasonable price.
Jedi25 is offline   Reply With Quote