Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 05-30-2003, 10:12 AM   #21
crazybike_37
Founding Member

Default Re: One more MOhawk Fantasy

Gee, from all these replys, you'd think he didn't give any examples of what he was considering... buddy, if you like the sportier side of things, I'd say Triumph, even though a orange Thunderbird Sport would give you all the sports you want all while looking way better than a cruiser. How's that for vauge?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-30-2003, 12:43 PM   #22
maxriderdon
Founding Member

How about the new K Vulcan 1600? Looks like a pretty nice ride for the money. If you want a great bike that holds it's value that's easy. www.cycletrader.com find yourself 2-3 yr old "rice burner" you like and ride ride ride. If I did not go through tires so quick, I could ride almost free by finding that good deal, ride a couple yrs., resale, then get another bike. Repeat, repeat, repeat. A new to me bike every couple yrs.
Old 05-30-2003, 02:00 PM   #23
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: BMW R1150R?

Come on, the GS is the couch of the BMW realm. Great on the knees and will handle anything you throw at it short of anything involving launching it airborne (love that GS comercial where the guy "washes" his by jumping it into a puddle. That thing falls like a stone, sanity optional is correct).
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 02:02 PM   #24
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Do I really need to say this?

Sadly the weather is cruel to me. I was planning on riding a rented Geezer-glide around New England this weekend but the forecast is for non-stop thunderstorms.

So the rental is off and I'm sitting in the Hilton in NYC. I think I'll hit Hogs and Heifers tonight and drink beer and pretend I'm a biker.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 02:06 PM   #25
12er
Founding Member

and to many an ironbutt'r
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 02:57 PM   #26
rsheidler
Founding Member

T-Bird Sport? Oh yeah! Have not ridden one yet but it looks like it could be the tits!
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 03:03 PM   #27
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default SoCal Wussies!

Gezuzz Buzz, you let a little thunderstorm spoil your riding? Musta been in southern Cali too long!

I was bicycling in a huge thunderstorm yesterday -- got soaked to the bone and damn near blown off the road (at one point I was in nearly my lowest gear going downhill, but into the wind). But then,nobody ever accused me of having good sense!

Hope you enjoy your trip, in spite of no riding.

Bob
Old 05-30-2003, 03:09 PM   #28
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: BMW R1150R?

How about a KTM Adventure (I think that is what it is called) -- the new V-Twin adventure touring bike. Should have plenty of room for those old knees and a nice upright position.
Old 05-30-2003, 04:22 PM   #29
lostdog
Founding Member

Default More versatile than you might think

You'd be surprised what you can do on a FLHTCU. I rode an Electra Glide Ultra to the Arctic Ocean, including 900 miles of gravel roads. Two-wheel drifts at 70 mph on a sweeping gravel turn can be pretty fun--as long as there's no tractor trailer coming the other way...

lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 05:20 PM   #30
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: SoCal Wussies!

Yes I am a big sissy. Actually, I look at these optional riding trips as something I only do if the weather is great.

For example, when I'm riding to Milwaukee in August, I won't pull over rain or shine (maybe for a tornado!).

I'm kind of bummed about the weather. I've been to 47 states and New Hampshire and Maine were two that I needed to help complete the list (New Mexico being the other).

There is no way I will rent a car and visit so I'll have to come back again.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote