Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Help! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/help/)
-   -   One more MOhawk Fantasy (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/help/1890-one-more-mohawk-fantasy.html)

crazybike_37 05-30-2003 10:12 AM

Re: One more MOhawk Fantasy

Gee, from all these replys, you'd think he didn't give any examples of what he was considering... buddy, if you like the sportier side of things, I'd say Triumph, even though a orange Thunderbird Sport would give you all the sports you want all while looking way better than a cruiser. How's that for vauge?

maxriderdon 05-30-2003 12:43 PM

How about the new K Vulcan 1600? Looks like a pretty nice ride for the money. If you want a great bike that holds it's value that's easy. www.cycletrader.com find yourself 2-3 yr old "rice burner" you like and ride ride ride. If I did not go through tires so quick, I could ride almost free by finding that good deal, ride a couple yrs., resale, then get another bike. Repeat, repeat, repeat. A new to me bike every couple yrs.

12er 05-30-2003 02:00 PM

Re: BMW R1150R?

Come on, the GS is the couch of the BMW realm. Great on the knees and will handle anything you throw at it short of anything involving launching it airborne (love that GS comercial where the guy "washes" his by jumping it into a puddle. That thing falls like a stone, sanity optional is correct).

Buzglyd 05-30-2003 02:02 PM

Re: Do I really need to say this?

Sadly the weather is cruel to me. I was planning on riding a rented Geezer-glide around New England this weekend but the forecast is for non-stop thunderstorms.

So the rental is off and I'm sitting in the Hilton in NYC. I think I'll hit Hogs and Heifers tonight and drink beer and pretend I'm a biker.

12er 05-30-2003 02:06 PM

and to many an ironbutt'r

rsheidler 05-30-2003 02:57 PM

T-Bird Sport? Oh yeah! Have not ridden one yet but it looks like it could be the tits!

rsheidler 05-30-2003 03:03 PM

SoCal Wussies!

Gezuzz Buzz, you let a little thunderstorm spoil your riding? Musta been in southern Cali too long!

I was bicycling in a huge thunderstorm yesterday -- got soaked to the bone and damn near blown off the road (at one point I was in nearly my lowest gear going downhill, but into the wind). But then,nobody ever accused me of having good sense!

Hope you enjoy your trip, in spite of no riding.

Bob

rsheidler 05-30-2003 03:09 PM

Re: BMW R1150R?

How about a KTM Adventure (I think that is what it is called) -- the new V-Twin adventure touring bike. Should have plenty of room for those old knees and a nice upright position.

lostdog 05-30-2003 04:22 PM

More versatile than you might think

You'd be surprised what you can do on a FLHTCU. I rode an Electra Glide Ultra to the Arctic Ocean, including 900 miles of gravel roads. Two-wheel drifts at 70 mph on a sweeping gravel turn can be pretty fun--as long as there's no tractor trailer coming the other way...

Buzglyd 05-30-2003 05:20 PM

Re: SoCal Wussies!

Yes I am a big sissy. Actually, I look at these optional riding trips as something I only do if the weather is great.

For example, when I'm riding to Milwaukee in August, I won't pull over rain or shine (maybe for a tornado!).

I'm kind of bummed about the weather. I've been to 47 states and New Hampshire and Maine were two that I needed to help complete the list (New Mexico being the other).

There is no way I will rent a car and visit so I'll have to come back again.