Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 04-28-2003, 06:55 AM   #41
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Newbie seeks advice on protective clothing

Yes, I actually have a Highland(er?) suit. It's a great fit for an off-the-rack suit- probably not as good as the AeroStitch, but it fits much better than it should for the money. I just bought it recently, so I haven't had an opportunity to test waterproofing, and also haven't crashed in it, so I can't comment on its capabilities there. However, it performs admirably in all other areas.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2003, 05:49 PM   #42
paul_from_Minnesota
Registered Member

OK, so I am late to respond and have about the same thing to say, so what!!! Stich. It is all you need to know. I have a Darrien jacket and pants and have worn them through 25 degrees to 100 degrees. Pouring rain at freeway speeds and not getting wet. This ting is amazing. I only wish I could afford more so that I could wear them all the time! No, really!

I have known a few people that have crash tested. Just talked to a guy that had a Roadcrafter on and was riding his nearly new Concours last year when a 81 year-old tried to show him the side of his car suddenly. Totalled the Concours and the 'stich, but he walked away. A bit bent up but really, no lost skin or bone. What more can you say? His next stop was Duluth for a new suit! By the way, the insurance company "bought" him a a new FJR 1300 too....lucky bas....

I can put up with a less than perfect bike, but when it comes my time to go down, may it be my Aerostich between me and the road.

By the way, also wearing Aerostich Combat Touring Boots (full coverage!) leather gloves all the time (remember falling off your bike as a kid? Like those skinned palms? Multiply by a thousand) And a full face everything approved helmet is a no brainer (no pun intended). Can't have fun unless you are there!

Paul from Minnesota, (actually riding a great bike...2002 Vmax...ggrrrrrowl!)
Old 05-01-2003, 05:52 PM   #43
paul_from_Minnesota
Registered Member

You are sooooo right about that catalog. Possibly the best mail order cat out there! Andy Goldfine is a......a.......Stich!

Paul from Minnesota
Old 05-03-2003, 09:24 AM   #44
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

"Plus, if you're a little bit broad at the shoulder like me, you can't get out of the leathers by yourself..."

Sometimes, that's not a "problem."

Do I hear Barry White?

Awww, yeah.
Old 05-06-2003, 12:26 PM   #45
jtullyny
Founding Member

Hey all. I decided to go with the 2 piece Roadcrafter. Hi Viz yellow over black pants. Thanks again for all your advice. Honk and thumbs-up if you see me on the road!

Still waiting for my bike to arrive at the dealer. Grrrrrrrrrr...seems Suzuki is releasing a very limited supply of SV650S's until mid summer. I'm hoping to have it with in a week.

Peace
jtullyny is offline   Reply With Quote