Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 03-04-2003, 04:04 AM   #1
crazybike_37
Founding Member

Default Re: What 250cc bikes fit tall blokes

WTF?! Is Australia going communist like England now? I mean, I know it seems like a somewhat reasonable regulation, but telling people what they can and can't ride, thats just wrong!

I say FTP, and FT Government too, what're they gonna do, track you down and check to see what kind of bike you're ridin'? And if there's anything that says dealers aren't allowed to sell you the bike you want, well, I think you just might be able to find someone to over look the regulation.

Dang, regulating what people can and can't buy, thats just f*ckin fascist.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2003, 04:15 AM   #2
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Sad to say there are plenty of folks who believe in the same crap right here in the good ol' US of A. We call 'em Democrats.

Thanks for starting a new flame war. Their posts will soon follow.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 04:20 AM   #3
MrCrashHappy
Founding Member

Default Whenever one talks bikes that fit...

guys within a couple of standard deviations of the mean (as in average, not savage) male, I like Kawasaki. The 250R is an honest-to-goodness sportbike, and if you're not too long in the inseam it should fit just fine. I'm 6 foot 2 and fit one relatively comfortably. Tons of fun for a featherweight price. A taller than stock, after-market windscreen might be in order. Good luck in your search.
MrCrashHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 04:21 AM   #4
caseyheilman
Founding Member

It's gotta be a cruiser. The Yamaha is the biggest in my opinion. It's also advised that you get a used one, since it will be very easily outgrown, in size and power.
caseyheilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 04:46 AM   #5
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Whenever one talks bikes that fit...

I secong the Kaw 250 vote. Probably the only one that will come close to fitting.
Old 03-04-2003, 04:58 AM   #6
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Whenever one talks bikes that fit...

Why not disconnect one cylinder on your Harley? They only run on one cylinder half the time anyway! Then he can install the "Whisperin' Eagle short-stroker" kit.

I just picked up my SE aircleaner, SE slip-ons and I went ahead and ordered the 203 cam as well. Then I only have to remap once. My friend has the H-D software at his shop so I won't need to get a Power Commander or a Rev Tech DFO.

I'll give you a full report once it's installed. Maybe I'll even let Burns come down and ride it!
Old 03-04-2003, 05:24 AM   #7
VFRider
Registered Member

If you can find a used dual sport, go with that. Not the most comfy on the street but should give you the room you need. You will "outgrow" any 250cc street bike real fast, so you'll have a bike to do some off-roading with once you step up to a larger street bike. Nothing teaches good riding reflexes and throttle control like riding in the dirt. My 2 cents.
VFRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 06:12 AM   #8
pbx
Founding Member

Default While we're at it

What's up with the government telling people how old they have to be to ride? I think ten year olds on lowered GSX-R1000s should be allowed out there like the rest of us! God damned fascists! Communists! Whatever!

Also, drivers' licenses? Where do they get off? What are they gonna do, track me down and check to see if I am capable of piloting my vehicle without killing people!???

Also, they tell us what side of the road to ride on!!! Can you say BIG BROTHER!??? How can a man say he is free if he is not free to ride on whichever side of the road he wants!!??? Crazybike_37!! Please lead the way in the fight against this oppression!
pbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 06:22 AM   #9
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: While we're at it

Now we're getting started! Drag that argument out to the extreme and then attack the extreme. Excellent tactics!
Old 03-04-2003, 06:29 AM   #10
nweaver
Founding Member

Default Kawa 250s are a bit small...

The kawasaki 250s (you lucky bastards, you get the ZZR250 as well as the EX250) may be a little cramped for you (try them and see), but they are excellent choices.

Also, nothing wrong with a dualsport. I'd be tempted to get a dirt-biased but street legal DP bike, so you would still ride it after you have your full liscence and a bigger bike.

nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote