Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Help! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/help/)
-   -   What 250cc bikes fit tall blokes (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/help/1680-what-250cc-bikes-fit-tall-blokes.html)

seruzawa 03-04-2003 07:13 AM

Re: What 250cc bikes fit tall blokes

But.. but ... but... but if it saves just ONE life.....

Why just look how much better off the Aussies are with their total gun ban. Crime and murder rates are skyrocketing (it was hilarious watching that Aussie official trying to explain why the increasing crime rates weren't really increasing last year and why an increase in armed robberies and murders is a good thing). Everyone knows how much better society is if the govt just controls everything. Then the cowards can sit and wartch their little TVs and take their little pills of soma and everything is so nice. "George and Edna were killed by a shotgun-weilding heroin addict last week. but everything is fine, they put the addict in therapy and after he does his 50 hours community service he'll be right as rain, pass me another Prozac, mate."

jtred6r 03-04-2003 07:21 AM

Re: Kawa 250s are a bit small...

I agree. The ex's or Ninja 250's are great starter bikes. AFTER you get a some time in the seat You can wind em up pretty hard too. mo has a very good review on the kawa 250 in the achieves.

mcjunkie 03-04-2003 07:41 AM

You NEED a dual sport! Yamaha makes an XT225 and Kawasaki makes a KLR250. Both of these will fit your tallness better than a 250cc street bike which are, generally speaking, tiny. Plus you get to ride trails..

(I'm picturing Australia as having lots of trails.)

Buzglyd 03-04-2003 07:51 AM

Nothing like a little "home invasion robbery" of unarmed people. It's better than looting because you don't have to get all messy breaking that glass and stuff.

longride 03-04-2003 08:02 AM

Re: Whenever one talks bikes that fit...

Sounds cool. I like the Power Commnader for "on the fly" adjustments. If you get free remaps, then forget the Commander. Might take more than one if you aren't using a dyno with a sniffer. I'm gonna blow mine up before doing mods. Since Harleys blow up regularly, I shouldn't have to wait long.

Buzglyd 03-04-2003 08:09 AM

He doesn't have a dyno in his shop. I don't know who has helped him create his maps. I'll have to ask.

I'm not planning on doing much more. The 95 kit is off in the future sometime. I have a good connection that gets me stuff from H-D at 25% off from retail so that's why I took advantage of that now.

Plus if we're drag racing for money in Milwaukee I want to make sure I have the advantage over you.

longride 03-04-2003 08:24 AM

Dragging my big butt to a drag race wouldn't be pretty. Can I bring the Ninja? LOL Don't waste time with the 95 inch unless you do something with the heads. Big waste of cast for very little gain. Let me know how it works out. I'm sure you will feel the difference.

SRMark 03-04-2003 08:32 AM

You might also check to if your regulators will allow you to transform an honest-to-god dirt bike into a street legal machine. More power, better suspension, more room, lighter, etc. Buy a used one in good shape, attach a street legal kit (Baja Designs is a good place to look) and have fun. Some super-motard wheels and tires would be a fun way to go. Two bikes for the price of one. Nobody will think you're a sissy-boy for riding a street legal CR250! It will take a while to out grow that bike.

Buzglyd 03-04-2003 08:44 AM

I guess at 185 pounds I would have a weight advantage.

My friend likes to use some of BC Gerolamy's products. They make a polished intake manifold that he says provides a noticeable difference even on a lightly modified bike.

I'll probably have it done in a week or two.

Fangit 03-04-2003 09:05 AM

Re: Gun Laws in Australia are a success you morons...

OK, look I hate being dragged into a silly gun control debate but I can't let these lies pass unanswered. If you guys ever read anything from a reputable source instead the swath of lies and propaganda published by the NRMA and gun-nuts you'd know that the gun control laws introduced in Australia have been an indisputable success. Before you begin critisizing other countries about gun laws just ask yourself why Australians and Brits are 40-50 times less likely to be killed by guns than Americans are. Using the logical extension of your warped sense of civil rights, anybody should be allowed to carry bazookas, drive around in tanks or pack nuke weapons.

As far as the one year 250cc limit goes, you can argue whether the law is fair or not, but I think it has definite pluses. I live in the US now and I have seen so many people getting into bikes on a 750 or 1000cc sportbike or even a Harley, scare themselves silly and then quit the sport. If they were on a more sensible bike and learned how to ride and handle a bike properly maybe more people would stick with it. Maybe this is why motorcycle use is much more prevalent (by population) in Australia and Europe than in the US.