Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 01-24-2003, 05:21 AM   #1
Dynaguy
Founding Member

Default Re: MO Reader Needs Advice

You might find that an FZ1, ZX12 or Bandit 1200 is just what you are looking for, not to mention Suzuki's new SV 1000 or the Z1000 from Kawasaki. After all, you have one cruiser in the garage, why not add a more sporting ride to your stable and enjoy more than one type of riding.

I will predict, however, that once you sample what the above bikes can provide in terms of riding fun and increased performance, you won't be asking to borrow your old bike too often.
Dynaguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2003, 05:26 AM   #2
intruderman
Founding Member

You need a Honda Magna. Not that I'm biased or anything.
intruderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 05:27 AM   #3
intruderman
Founding Member

Excellent choices, I would love to own any and all of your list.
Old 01-24-2003, 05:28 AM   #4
intruderman
Founding Member

"ZX12"....

Don't you mean the ZRX1200?
Old 01-24-2003, 05:28 AM   #5
Skorpion23
Founding Member

I would suggest either the 919 from Honda, Kawi's ZRX12, or the Bandit from Suzuki. All are reasonably comfy, powerful and fun. Be careful though, as these machine generate tons more power than the Vulcan.
Skorpion23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 05:31 AM   #6
intruderman
Founding Member

Default One more thing....

Go to the Honda Hoot or somewhere where you can demo ride some of these. It's amazing how your perception of a bike can change after you actually ride the thing. I used to be scared of the V-max, but after test riding one, I wanted one.
Old 01-24-2003, 05:36 AM   #7
bigjames
Premium Member

Dude, you live in Milwaukee, like cruisers and need advice on what to buy? Whatever...

My suggestion, hold on until Bike Week in either Arizona or Daytona, hed there, go to the demo ride areas and stand in line to check out some bikes! Ride several, even the ones you "think" you don't like. Tons of really nice bikes out there these days, but you really need to ride them to see what you like!

That's my 2 cents worth.

James Allmond

Macon, Ga

03 HD FLHTCI

00 BMW K1200LT

88 HD FLHS/Watsonian Rig

51 HD Servicar
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 05:38 AM   #8
DeadVFR
Founding Member

As a slightly discontented ZRX 1200 owner, do as much comparison riding as possible before buying. You might find the inline 4 quite buzzy compared to a twin (especially at 70+ mph). While the ZRX is considered a heavy bike, the extra weight does help soak up the bumps and whatnot. It hides its weight, and serves me well for daily lane-splitting commuting here in SoCal. I do think the bike is a deal at $7900 msrp. However, the factory seat sucks. Get a Corbin.
DeadVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 05:41 AM   #9
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Avoid escalation

If you trade your Shadow for a bike that's better than the Vulcan, you'll find yourself riding the Vulcan again. Ebay has a 95 Vulcan in Albuquerque for about $2250. Think of the fun of riding it home!
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 05:44 AM   #10
motonut_1
Founding Member

Default Re: One more thing....

Of course it's amazing how a short demo ride can give you a false impression of a bike as well. Most demo rides are led rides for specified distances over preselected routes. In the usual 20 to 30 miles of not too challenging roads or speeds, you don't get the opportunity to assess a machines long term comfort or it's handling at the limit, etc.,etc.

But, I agree with you, it's better than nothing. and in many cases, you find out that the bike you were so hot on in the showroom, does not appeal to you at all, once on the road. It sure has saved me some money.
motonut_1 is offline   Reply With Quote