Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 12-03-2009, 12:47 PM   #11
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Gee I guess the Yosh guys don't have a clue what they are doing because all of their bikes throw flames when downshifting quickly. Its normal to an extent. Dynojet must not know anythin compaired to you guys either. When I attended their training class they admitted you'd get some backfire on decel aswell. Believe what you want, you are all entitled to your opinions.

Last edited by MOKE1K : 12-03-2009 at 12:50 PM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2009, 01:11 PM   #12
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Sure, but with current race bikes your still wrong. Look around dont make me search the net for numerous photos with factory bikes spitting out unburnt fuel. Everything is done this way for performance. If you realize more than half the teams bikes in the AMA backfire to a small extent.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:11 PM   #13
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
So.....despite the factories spending hours on the dyno and hours and millions of bucks on cad/cam design and NC milling machinery to get the engine weight down and performance up to a razer sharp gnats ass while still being EPA compliant, you think slapping on some dipsh*ts "performance" exhaust and f*cking with the fuel map is going to improve matters?

The backfire ain't the bike pod'yo, it's your brain fart.....
Whos talking about the EPA?
Old 12-03-2009, 01:12 PM   #14
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Uh, NO - it isn't "normal". To be expected when you use some hack-job POS to diddle-up an engine's fueling; but not "Normal".
Yosh does hackjobs huh?
Old 12-03-2009, 03:26 PM   #15
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Yosh does hackjobs huh?
No, but a lot of the people who buy and install the stuff don't have a clue about what they are doing. Who wants holed pistons?

This guy would be smart to take the bike and have the exhaust analyzed so he's not running a mixture so poor that it damages the engine.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:23 PM   #16
seruzawa
The Toad

Okay maap, your bike is backfiring a lot in race mode. If you go to a superbike race for you'll hear the factory bikes backfiring all over the place. The thing is these guys pull the engines apart and rebuild them frequently. I don't think you want to replace burnt valves or holed pistons. So leave the pciii off of race mode. I doubt that in street mode you are deprived of performance. Cab you even tell the difference? Some roll-on acceleration tests with a stop watch will tell you if there's much difference between the modes.

To be safe take the bike some place where they can do an exhaust gas analysis. That'll tell you if the mixture is dangerously off in the various modes.

You really don't want to backfire on the street a lot because it will also pull in the attention of the gendarmes. Hope this helps. If you're still around.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:45 PM   #17
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Whos talking about the EPA?

If you're in a shop that's working on street bikes I'd at least give them some thought before I went violating federal law and fooling around with emission controls.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:34 PM   #18
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
If you're in a shop that's working on street bikes I'd at least give them some thought before I went violating federal law and fooling around with emission controls.
Several thousand per violation based on some sliding scale that only an army of lawyers can figure out. Know what the boss will say? "I didn't know he was doing that!"
Old 12-04-2009, 06:24 AM   #19
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Seems I didn't even have to make my point.

Oh, well.
I thought our agrument was based on whether a properly tuned exhaust and properly set up pc would create backfiring? You said it wasn't normal. Guess you no longer have a point to make It was covered by Seruzawa. That was my only argument.

Last edited by MOKE1K : 12-04-2009 at 10:15 AM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:25 AM   #20
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Were you in the military by chance?