Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Help!

Old 05-28-2009, 10:38 PM   #1
coz64
Registered Member

Smile need help choosing my new bike - post "L"s

Just got off my Ls, just in time... on a VTR 250, lookng for next bike. Mainly for commuting to work to and from City, but also doing first big ride this year (Cairns to sydney)
anyone have any tips as to what might be suitable (and what would not be!)
Mature agred rider, so not too intrested in setting any speed records
cheers
coz64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-28-2009, 11:56 PM   #2
schizuki
Founding Member

Why, something in the Suzuki SV650 family, of course.

If you're looking for something with longer legs, a Bandit 1200 or 1250. I don't know about the newer ones, but the older air-cooled ones could be fitted with Givi mounts. I've got a 600 Bandit with the tubular mounts. The nice thing about the Givis is that you can use their small E21s as everyday commuter bags (that's what I use), and get larger cases for longer trips.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:53 AM   #3
pplassm
Founding Member

They still make you guys wear the big "L" plates down there, eh?
Old 05-29-2009, 08:31 AM   #4
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
Why, something in the Suzuki SV650 family, of course.

If you're looking for something with longer legs, a Bandit 1200 or 1250. I don't know about the newer ones, but the older air-cooled ones could be fitted with Givi mounts. I've got a 600 Bandit with the tubular mounts. The nice thing about the Givis is that you can use their small E21s as everyday commuter bags (that's what I use), and get larger cases for longer trips.
The VStroms are very popular in OzzieLand. There's a boatload of y'all on Stromtrooper.com - Powered by vBulletin. Looks like some damn fine unimproved roads to ride on as well.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:33 AM   #5
acecycleins
Founding Member

Duuuuuude- Wee-Strom 650 is calling your name. The baby Suzuki v-strom or a Ducati MultiStrada 620 would cleary do the trick for romping around God's vacation destination. Heck, a Kawasaki KLR650 would be a great bike, too- not to mention it's weird cousin the Versys. Not that a Wee is cute or anything, but here's your starting point. Good Luck.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:30 PM   #6
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Let me suggest the Buell CityX - way cooler than the WeeStrom and I've heard Buells have a cult following down under.