Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2008, 06:03 AM   #22
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Which half laughed, the half that could actually read, or the half that couldn't? I'll bet the latter. The other half actually can think, so they didn't laugh. Funny that everyone here thought you were wrong too. Too many literates here though. Big problem for you. You started the insults brah, I'm just finishing them. I don't work at a firehouse brah, I'm retired. Anything else stupid for today, or you pretty much done?
Again with the insults, hope that makes you feel better about yourself, since that seems to be the only thing your good at. I never insult anyone unless they have insulted me first. So with all that time on your hands maybe go back and look. Besides arguing with someone online is truly dumb. So you win!!!

Love that you want to argue about something you have absolutly no experience with.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:10 AM   #23
MOKE1K
Registered Member

And buy the way it was the whole shop, I was just trying to be nice.
Which seems increasingly harder on this everyday.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:20 AM   #24
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"I never insult anyone unless they have insulted me first."

Too bad you don't even live by your own words. You started the insults long ago, so you got them back. I'm not 'arguing', because you really don't have an argument other than you know and I don't. I have no experience? So because I don't ride my bike around a racetrack and act like I'm racing then I can't say what takes more skill, or which is more dangerous? In can tell you that a racetrack is the safest place to ride a motorcycle, period. Here is a good example of why. I read a post that a guy that wrote once, a really good piece, that claimed that street racers were the best riders in the world. He likened track racers to Nintendo players that just repeat the same motions over and over on the same track the same way, which is true. No real challenge because nothing changes. He claimed that street racers have to deal with the racing AND the unknown of the changing road surface, cars, road hazards, and the cops. All the 'real racers' claimed he was an idiot, but if you really think about what he said, he was 100% correct. If the street is so safe and easy to ride, then why does every expert, every magazine, and every racer tell you to get to the track if you want to ride fast and stay off the street because you will get killed? Answer that one with any type of argument you have, other than 'I know and you don't'.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:39 AM   #25
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

[longride]The motorcycle industry is going to take a huge shyt in the next few years. You won't be the top salesman any more when there aren't any sales. With your obvious higher learning skills just practice these words to prepare for your new job: "Would you like to Super Size that order?".

With all that time on your hands and being retired and all, you should do some home work first before running your mouth.

I have also stated time after time with "your" stupid argument, that the street is more inherently dangerous.(Is it your reading in question, or your memory)Although it does take defensive skill as a street rider and many years to hone it, and be safe.

However, being at speed and getting close to any lap record or race win takes alot more practice and skill than any commute imo. Much less doing it week in and week out. Listen, your nonstop babble, and internet information gathering skills apparently makes you think you have learned something about this subject, that itself is a prime example of your ignorance regaurding this topic. You can never learn these things off the internet or in "some guys post",(how you put it)

So the only thing left is which one takes more skill? Both do demand alot of skill, but imo the track being a safer place to ride still has its dangers, and imo it requires ALOT more skill. Just becuase it has less obsticles doesnt mean its easier or safer.Unless you'd be putting around like I think you would, CAUSE YOU HAVE NO EXPERIENCE!

Why do you think you know something on this topic when you obviously dont, isnt that kinda dumb? Isnt it equally as dumb to think you can read about something and truly know whats involved? Thats called ignorance. A book worm like yourself probly has a hard time swallowing that and an even harder time believing it.

I dont have to prove to you, what I already know. If you dont want to agree than state your case and shut the hell up, Iam ok with your immobility to comprhend something with no experience.

[longride]
If the street is so safe and easy to ride, then why does every expert, every magazine, and every racer tell you to get to the track if you want to ride fast and stay off the street because you will get killed? Answer that one with any type of argument you have, other than 'I know and you don't'.

You obviously misinterpreted the point even with all that litarary knowledge you seem to think is all impowering. People say that to others that want to race on the street, so they dont kill themselves trying to go fast on the street.

Last edited by MOKE1K : 11-04-2008 at 07:44 AM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:55 AM   #26
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Good god.

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:49 AM   #27
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

So you are agreeing that the track is safer and riding on the street takes considerable skill, your argument that someone that rides the track has more skill in his little finger than a commuter does in his whole body is incorrect by your own admission. It's difficult to respond to the rest of this abortion of a post because I really don't know where to start. It's so rambling and badly thought out that no response is possible. I can say is that you are a shining example of an Obama follower though. You are correct about one thing here. People that can read, think, reason, and write correctly are the dumb ones. I especially like when you try to define ignorance. You can't get more ironic than that one. Nice post. Keep em coming.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:05 PM   #28
MOKE1K
Registered Member

No, not considerable skill more skill? Man read will ya? Never said anything above about little fingers?

Also never said anything about the thinkers and readers are the dumb ones. Iam saying by reading something on the net, magazines etc,...doesnt give you the experience you need to make a correct judgment, you just have an opinion and thats about it.

What no response possible? But your so good with spelling and grammer even you can come back with something better than a cop-out answer like that. Must be getting sleepy huh?

I believe the word ignorance also states "no experience".

Keep believing what you want on this subject its ok you believe that. Iam ok with it why arent you?
Old 11-04-2008, 03:45 PM   #29
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Moke, LR, you both have good points.

- You can learn a lot from riding on the track, if it's a bike or it's a car. If nothing else, the track allows you to ride to the limits of the machine; braking, speed, cornering. You can do things there that you can't do or learn (safely) on the street.

- The experience gained on the street is huge. That's why 90% of the bike accidents occur on the street. And a rider who is competent and experienced on the street has nothing to feel bad about if he never makes it to the track. Likewise, a rider who has never been off the track has a LOT to learn when they take it to the street.

We're all riders here, everybody's opinion deserves to be heard. When it turns personal, that's not good for anybody.

Now let's all hug and sing "Kumbaya."
Old 11-04-2008, 04:22 PM   #30
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Moke, LR, you both have good points.

- You can learn a lot from riding on the track, if it's a bike or it's a car. If nothing else, the track allows you to ride to the limits of the machine; braking, speed, cornering. You can do things there that you can't do or learn (safely) on the street.

- The experience gained on the street is huge. That's why 90% of the bike accidents occur on the street. And a rider who is competent and experienced on the street has nothing to feel bad about if he never makes it to the track. Likewise, a rider who has never been off the track has a LOT to learn when they take it to the street.

We're all riders here, everybody's opinion deserves to be heard. When it turns personal, that's not good for anybody.

Now let's all hug and sing "Kumbaya."
Oh, shut up.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote