Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Harley Davidson (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/harley-davidson/)
-   -   Downloadable Manuals?? --New HD Owner-- (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/harley-davidson/8454-downloadable-manuals-new-hd-owner.html)

evesweater 06-15-2008 08:41 AM

Downloadable Manuals?? --New HD Owner--

I just bought a 2007 HD Super Glide Custom. I'm very excited about the bike, and the first thing I usually do is read the owner's manual. On my Honda there was a tool/manual box beneath the seat behind a cover. Is there such a thing on this bike? I'm kind of in a catch twenty-two. I don't want to start poking and prodding until I've read the manual, but I may not get to the manual unless I start poking and prodding. Are there any downloadable manuals anywhere? Much Thanks!
:confused:

trenttheuncatchable 06-16-2008 09:09 AM

Available at your local Harley dealer only.

99467-07
Owner's Manual
'07 Dyna® models
MSRP US $20.00

evesweater 06-20-2008 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trenttheuncatchable (Post 187179)
Available at your local Harley dealer only.

99467-07
Owner's Manual
'07 Dyna® models
MSRP US $20.00

Thanks for the information!

bbtowns 06-20-2008 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 187490)
HD manuals are great, they have usable info on oil changes and other maintenance. Every new HD should be delivered with one, but I've never seen one under the seat. HDs do not have tool kits with the exception of the Electra Glide Ultra Classic.

Sort of the "you can't fix what you left back on the road a few miles ago" sort of strategy?
Couldn't resist. Hope you enjoy the bike, you may find the manual is available in it's entirety online. Bought a Tuono that didn't come with the manual, and low and behold it was on quite a few websites.

Kenneth_Moore 06-20-2008 09:11 AM

You can take the seat off your bike easily. 99% of HDs have a simple screw at the back end of the seat that goes into the fender. HDs with 2 part seats have 2 screws, take off the back 1/2 and that will reveal the screw for the front half.

HD manuals are great, they have usable info on oil changes and other maintenance. Every new HD should be delivered with one, but I've never seen one under the seat. HDs do not have tool kits with the exception of the Electra Glide Ultra Classic.

sarnali2 06-20-2008 11:25 AM

The standard Harley tool kit is a cell phone and a credit card, those are usually found in your pants pockets.

The regular Harley factory manual is about $60 and an absolute goldmine of information, they are without a doubt the best written and most informative shop manuals I've ever seen. Even if you don't plan on doing your own work it's worth it just so you know what you have.

I have them going back to 1970 model Shovelheads and Sportsters to 1980 model Shovels and early Evos to my '05 Dyna..everything you want to know about your bike is in there.

Buzglyd 06-20-2008 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 187490)
You can take the seat off your bike easily. 99% of HDs have a simple screw at the back end of the seat that goes into the fender. HDs with 2 part seats have 2 screws, take off the back 1/2 and that will reveal the screw for the front half.

Those are tools? I thought it was a bottle opener and a corkscrew!