Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Manufacturer Forums > Harley Davidson

Old 03-21-2008, 08:13 AM   #31
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
But an infirm or physically-incapacitated person is not the issue here - this was a physically-capable person (before she sat long-enough to render herself otherwise) who refused to leave the commode for a LONG Damn Time. What was he to do? Assault and FORCE her out of the bathroom in her own house?

Obviously, there are mental-issues here, I would say with both parties.
Well yes, of course. That's why I said that the problem is the application of the law. Prosecutors and cops have discretion in what to charge. As far as we can see (because I agree with you overall) this was not a situation in which charging a crime was appropriate. Now, as you also noted correctly, we don't know more than was reported. Maybe something happened that merits a criminal charge. Don't know.

The way to handle these things when you can't help an incapacitated person yourself is to call on outside help from a social agency. There's no need to do anything that would get you called heartless or a bigot or pig.

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2008, 08:55 AM   #32
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
But an infirm or physically-incapacitated person is not the issue here - this was a physically-capable person (before she sat long-enough to render herself otherwise) who refused to leave the commode for a LONG Damn Time. What was he to do? Assault and FORCE her out of the bathroom in her own house?

Obviously, there are mental-issues here, I would say with both parties.

We don't know the whole story, and neither does the media.

I know what I would have done in this man's situation. Obviously, he chose differently. If I expressed it here, it would only serve to solidify your opinion of me as a heartless bigot and chauvinist pig. BUT, you'd never read of me on the 'Net or Newspapers, and nobody would be harmed (though they might be privately humiliated).

The saddest thing about this whole situation is, when they convict him - he'll likely serve more time than if he'd killed a Motorcyclist with his car.
I think the whole thing is pretty funny. I just don't know why the govt thinks it has to get involved so much with every odd instance that happens in society. One could easily show that involving the govt is usually the best way to screw things up worse than ever. Listen to it long enough and you might begin to believe all kinds of weird things.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:03 AM   #33
pplassm
Founding Member

Talking

Why does this stuff always happen in Florida?
Old 03-21-2008, 09:10 AM   #34
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
He doesn't sound like the the sharpest knife in the drawer himself, the easiest thing would have been to call the Fuzz after a few days, point out that she's nukkin futz and you want her out of the can and out of your house....

Case closed, no harm no foul. She goes to the booby hatch and you go find another whale to torpedo...
Obviously these two idiots are apparently typical Floridians.... er, I mean a brick short of a full load. But filing criminal charges won't solve anything. If he goes to prison all it will do is take some half-witted loser and turn him into a career criminal. I can't see why the prosecutor has to do anything. He's just doing what they do to anybody who gets caught in the machine of what we laughingly call "justice".... feed the machine.... feed the machine.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:02 PM   #35
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
Why does this stuff always happen in Florida?
Actually, it happened in Kansas! But it sounds like something that would happen here...

Meanwhile we get the a-hole State Reps passing insane laws against riders. The AMA says they'll fight it further on based discrimination. The tool who wanted to ban anyone under 12 from riding on a bike or wave runner emailed to say the legislation had been withdrawn. Maybe his kid asked him to get a bike?
Old 05-28-2008, 05:47 AM   #36
MADonais
Registered Member

Default 2003 VRCS V-Rod Edition/100th Anniversary

I ride the mentioned bike in the above title. I was wondering if there was anyone in this forum that I could communicate questions and answers w/ regard to this model.

Anthony
MADonais is offline   Reply With Quote