Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Harley Davidson (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/harley-davidson/)
-   -   New Harley Rocker (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/harley-davidson/5853-new-harley-rocker.html)

The_AirHawk 07-09-2007 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 164893)
When you said "New Harley Rocker", I just figured it was yet-another marketing "accessory" that The Moto***** Company was adding to its 2008 lineup. The last dealer I was at (Cycle Connection, Joplin MO) they were pimping a Bar-and-Shielded set of patio furniture ($399 for the bench, $299 for the table, made in China) right next to a Night Train..............

I guess the "W" word for Prostitute (if that one's a no-no, it rhymes with "destitute") is on the "Dirty 4-letter-words" Shytelist.

Kenneth_Moore 07-09-2007 04:48 PM

Radical Rockertail Rear End Swaggers with Slammed, Hard Tail Styling....insert barfing sound here. I like HDs, I really do. But whatever school their marketing people go to needs to be burned to ashes and the ground on which it stood plowed with salt. Does that crap appeal to ANYONE??

mugwump58 07-09-2007 05:37 PM

Wow!

You actually read that! I applaud your perserverence and sense of fair play.

BrowningBAR 07-09-2007 08:57 PM

Leave us ad guys alone. It's all the client's fault!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Kenneth_Moore 07-10-2007 05:37 AM

If they did a "Denim Black" version with a black engine, I think I'd like it. Sort of a "Softail Street Bob." I like the bare rear fender look when it's not over a rear tire so wide that you don't need a kickstand for the bike.

silentgrayfellow 07-10-2007 01:50 PM

the rear fender's not bare. They started to bare it, but only got half way finished. Like the Nightster, the Rocker has the tail/brake lamps combined with the turn signals. but they left the license plate mount on the fender. They shoulda put it on the side like they did with the nightster.

Kenneth_Moore 07-10-2007 03:08 PM

Geez..try this: "I like a motorcycle's look when the rear fender doesn't have a lot of stuff covering it up like seats or sissy bars and you can see the curve of the wheel and tire and it looks like the old HDs that had that bicycle appearance especially those cop bikes with the one seat and nothing behind it except the fender." OK???

The_AirHawk 07-10-2007 03:20 PM

I've got Rocker from Judas Priest's Ram it Down running through my head right about now.........

silentgrayfellow 07-11-2007 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 165014)
Geez..try this: "I like a motorcycle's look when the rear fender doesn't have a lot of stuff covering it up like seats or sissy bars and you can see the curve of the wheel and tire and it looks like the old HDs that had that bicycle appearance especially those cop bikes with the one seat and nothing behind it except the fender." OK???

8-) Okie dokie....

Kenneth_Moore 07-11-2007 11:51 AM

Yeah, like that bike that's your avatar!