Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Manufacturer Forums > Harley Davidson

Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2009, 01:11 PM   #1
Registered Member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1
Default Need: 88" Cam support plate

The engine (twin cam 88b) of my 2000 Fat Boy is in the process of having a shifted crank repaired and need to replace the damaged cam support plate.
Does anyone have a H-D cam support plate laying around that you would like to give away or sell? I'm trying to avoid paying dealer price for a new one.
Any help would be appreciated.
ritz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Old 04-28-2009, 04:47 PM   #2
Registered Member
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118

Many were replaced under warranty the first year of and maybe the second of the Twinkie motor. Maybe you can cop a free one.
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:33 AM   #3
Founding Member
pplassm's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,875

What??! The paragon of American heritage and reliability has sub-standard engine parts?

Mongo just pawn in game of life.
pplassm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:53 AM   #4
Aging Cafe` Racer

sarnali2's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719

Any used ones laying around are liable to be damaged, I'd go with the gear drive conversion and be done with it
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off