Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 12-03-2001, 06:46 PM   #81
vmxxx
Founding Member

Default Re: V-Rods at dealers this week

waaah.....go get a tissue and stop your whining. I have ridden many a H/D and I must say I don't get it. Big, fat, slow, lumbering hulks of iron that would be better suited mooring ships at sea. Let's not bring affordability into the picture, I wouldn't spend $3,000 on a timex, so why would you spend it on a chrome plated Briggs and Stratton?

Hey buddy, wanna buy a watch?

vmxxx is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2001, 08:58 PM   #82
LOSTinSPACE
Founding Member

why are you here?
LOSTinSPACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 03:40 AM   #83
intruderman
Founding Member

Harley's suck....damn, I'm too late.
intruderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 03:43 AM   #84
intruderman
Founding Member

Jealousy, smellousy, Harley's suck!
intruderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 07:14 AM   #85
ttcaml
Founding Member

Default Re: Depreciation isn

I do not know how many miles it has; the speedometer was broken when I got it. But it can jump over a 15ft wide driveway, do 30+ft wheelies, can chase cows, go through axle deep mud, has good enough suspension to go 60mph across a hayfield, and cost me all of $200.00 (Yes, $200.00). I could go on, but it is clear that the qualities I appreciate in a motorcycle differ greatly from yours. I do not care about doubling speed limits, or what women think. I just ride because I love to.
ttcaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 10:31 AM   #86
john
Founding Member

Hey Todd, i put several thousand miles on a 98 FXD that is very custom, and a 2000 Road King with the 95 inch big bore kit on it, both are very tricked out, the lesser one costing 27 grand. No, they aren't mine, but they are mine to ride whenever i want to. But you know what? My $7,000 bandit is much, MUCH more fun to ride, and is MUCH more comfortable, out of a 88 Goldwing, a 2000 roadking, and my 2001 B12s, i was the only one to complete the Iron Butt we just went on without feeling sore after. Oh yeah, the powerband on my 1200 is larger than the entire RPM band that any twincam has. more HP all the way through, and more torque through 75% of the range.

Oh, and your "superior" comment.......how is a harley superior? Ok, ok, i know you probably ride maybe 2,000 miles a year, and wouldn't know a highside from a front end push, but what makes them superior??

Is it the cheap ass suspension that barely works? The laughable brakes? The flexing chassis? The wheezing motor?

Personally, i like the Company, but i think their products up until recently have sucked. Oh, if only they could go back to the glory days, where competition bred their street machines, when tradition was to win, not to look like old bikes. Harley has lost itself.
Old 12-04-2001, 10:47 AM   #87
mandrake_the_mollusk
Founding Member

Default No least expensive Porsche is less than a V-Rod...

never mind that a VW doesn't have Porsche badges on it, neither does a V-rod.
mandrake_the_mollusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 10:50 AM   #88
mandrake_the_mollusk
Founding Member

Default Can answer that in 3 letters: B M W

Old 12-04-2001, 10:55 AM   #89
mandrake_the_mollusk
Founding Member

Default Is this can of Coke I'm drinking a true classic?

I mean it says so on the can. The company wouldn't lie to me would they? Maybe I shouldn't drink it. Maybe I should have it appraised!
Old 12-04-2001, 11:00 AM   #90
mandrake_the_mollusk
Founding Member

Default All that's necessary is that...

you can buy a bike that is unique to your specs from the factory (some Harley models you can get pretty close to that but it takes a long time). I suspect the V-Rod is NOT one of those because you probably have to take whatever you can get if you want to get one at all given the demand!

There are lots of "custom" bike shops that will build a unique bike for you (don't have to do any of the work yourself). So what's the differences if the factory does that for you instead? It's still a custom long as it's done just for you.