Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 09-21-2001, 09:53 AM   #41
Vifferman
Founding Member

Default Hey Stoopid...

What's wrong with you ? Got any problems with people speaking another language than english ? I'm not French, but I do speak the language daily since I live in Montreal, and I take your comment a bit personally...

There's already enough goin' around right now without the need for idiots posting this kind of comment. Sorry 'bout the harsh reaction, but I had to say something...

My best regards to all people who lost someone in last week's events. Hope the bastards behind all this get caught.
Vifferman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2001, 01:02 AM   #42
Spooner
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley-Davidson to donate 30 police motorcycles

It was the "local hometown people" that eventually led my wife and I to buy Harley motorcycles. People, not the HD motorcycle or it's marketing hype crap. There was not a nicer more diverse bunch of riders on the planet. And the dealer was top shelf selling at MSRP with service second to none. Harley as a Corporation in my opinion is on it's way down, because there were not enough honest dealers like the one we were fortunate enough to be associated with. My wife and I will both continue to buy motorcycles for ever. Bottom line, no more Harleys for us in our new location. The product just doesn't cut it. The dealers are bad attitude stealers. And too many of the new HD buyers who can afford the $8,000 over MSRP can't drive. Harley took the wrong road by being greedy and shortsighted. It's a whole new and different bunch of HD owners out there attempting to drive the things. Too many appear to be first time buyers on these large machines. We prefer the way it was. We have our good memories. All good things must end. Marketing bullcrap can only go so far.
Spooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2001, 01:01 PM   #43
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Default Re: Hey Stoopid...

Oh, it was a joke, relax. *sheesh*

The guy posted a smart-ass comment in a foreign language... and it was right after I'd read that the French weren't going to let the U.S. use their airspace. I was a mite peeved...
Old 09-23-2001, 04:00 PM   #44
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Default Re: Hey Stoopid...

Yeah, you're right... My apologies.
Old 09-24-2001, 12:06 PM   #45
tbuse
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley-Davidson to donate 30 police motorcycles

Your logic is flawed. You act like you know a lot about NY, but fail to mention that the police lost a major motor pool that was at the World Trade Center. H-D is also setting up an emergency training center for maintenance personal. BMW also donated bikes, over three times the number Harley did. It could well be a marketing ploy. Would it be too much to put aside your nastiness and just say "Thanks"?
tbuse is offline   Reply With Quote