Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 09-19-2001, 06:31 PM   #31
ClubRacer
Founding Member

Default Nick name calling is not cool

Nick why do you make such claims?

This is a place for us all to post our feelings. I know by posting your comment you are doing that. There is no need for name calling.

Why is this such a big deal any way. a few bikes is no skin off HD's nose and neither is a milloin bucks. the gov gave them much more of my money with out asking. Ther were also restrictions on imports put up in HD's behalf.

This was the least they could do!!
ClubRacer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-20-2001, 08:03 AM   #32
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley-Davidson to donate 30 police motorcycles

Have you ever seen the French battle flag? It's a white cross on a white background.
Old 09-20-2001, 10:21 AM   #33
SoberRoller
Founding Member

Hey Great JOB of the LOAN H-D the money is a blessing to those that need to recover Prayers & Rasin Pies to Emt workers firemen 7 women and to the cops yes the cops for keeping watch on everyone stuff. (Glad my bike wasn't parked near the WTC)

Ride Safe
Sober Roller
SoberRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2001, 10:28 AM   #34
heart-of-sword
Founding Member

here in LA(santa monica) The Police used BMW. Much more better looking and running.
heart-of-sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2001, 11:12 AM   #35
tbuse
Founding Member

It a time of uncertainty and chaos, it is nice to know that some things never change: Stupid people will be with us always.
tbuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2001, 01:56 PM   #36
Gixxerboy
Founding Member

CBR dude, normally I agree with you but, come on... that was an needlessly ugly comment about the french. We're gonna have enough problems with racism against good honest individuals of middle eastern background so let's not bring others into it.

The point was appropriate - a very generous gesture from Harley yet also high in marketing points.
Gixxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2001, 02:19 PM   #37
BammBamm
Founding Member

Harley has donated the use of the bikes, not the bikes. They want them back, probably for museum pieces to show what great Americans they are. This smells like marketing to me.
BammBamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2001, 02:34 PM   #38
aminalmutha
Founding Member

Well, then, what the hell do you want HD to do? At least they're doing something. Loaning bikes is at least some sort of help. A million dollars ain't bad either. I'm sure they probably COULD have donated more, but a company has to stay in business. Tell me what they should have donated. $50 million? I'm not defending HD because I'm a HD fanatic, since I'm not one. I should't have to defend a generous donation of money and loan of products by an American company to help out during and American tragedy. Would you rather they not have loaned any motorcycles or donated any money at all?
aminalmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2001, 03:08 PM   #39
Eric
Founding Member

Actually, they just might need motorcycles. NYPD had a motorpool at the World Trade Center, including motorcycles.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2001, 04:17 PM   #40
BammBamm
Founding Member

Donating money was good. The bike thing seems self serving. New York doesn't need more crap cluttering their streets. BTW I own a Harley, and I have family in Manhatten, and I appreciate the situation, but there is a difference between helping, and appearing to help, and helping yourself. There is a reason NYC doesn't use Harleys, but there will be pressure to do so after this. Harley is a big business, and they are dealing with this the American way by promoting themselves after a token donation.
BammBamm is offline   Reply With Quote