Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 08-22-2001, 11:30 AM   #31
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: President Bush shows love to Harley

Well I did get my license in a '72 Ford LTD, almost the same size as an excursion. 8ft hood and a 6ft trunk, handled more like a boat. That 3 point turn they make you do on the narrowest street in town was fun. Hey maybe require commercial fishing licenses then?
12er is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-22-2001, 11:34 AM   #32
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: W - the worst US president ever

Voting in the US (probably anywhere) basically means voting for the lies you like best. Hence why I no longer do. Even an honest person is soon corrupt within minutes of millions of dollars of lobbiest cash flowing at them.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 05:33 PM   #33
TheFox
Founding Member

Default Re: Rebel gas mileage

Thanks, one of my friends was thinking about one, but since he's on an 85 Yamaha Maxim 750 right now I told him he may not like losing that much power.

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 05:36 PM   #34
TheFox
Founding Member

Default I gave up Lime.

Lime, I've given up trying to defend Harley/Buell and the president to people. I simply file comments like these under the "How little you know..." file I keep and just shake my head. It's the same with gun control, republicans, non-bikers with motorcycles, bikes with harley, and just about everyone with foreign countries. Sometimes I just want to cry.

Foxy

Old 08-22-2001, 05:48 PM   #35
TheFox
Founding Member

Default Go away

What's amusing is that you think we bombed the Chinese Embassy by accident. We start wars for approval ratings in this country. You think we give a crap about destroying a threatening foreign power's embassy in a country that we are bombing so much that the current topographic maps are now useless?

You can have your opinions on Harley, after all, you're a motorcyclist. But you're not a citizen here. The Kyoto treaty affects Americans, and he didn't like the way it affects us - he doesn't care about the rest of the world on this. You think China will listen to it? They don't have the manufacturing base to have enough cars to worry about it. How about India? Or Pakistan? How about enforcement elsewhere? Europe allows those dirty 2 strokes, what about them?

Last I checked, the US has the most stringent clean air requirements of anywhere in the world. And no one I know wanted Kyoto to go into effect. BTW, have you looked into all the claims about global warming, hole in the ozone layer, etc? It's starting to be disproven.

Foxy

Old 08-22-2001, 05:53 PM   #36
TheFox
Founding Member

Well, I suppose it's really important to Bush that the europeans hate him: after all, he doesn't get elected by anyone but Americans. I doubt that anyone in the UK cares what I think about the Queen Mother: she doesn't affect my life.

Also, considering that the EU has become an Economic issue for United States exports, I don't think their opinions are completely biased or anything.

No one here cares what youthink of OUR president, Cruz...you're not a vote for him, so we don't care.

Foxy

Old 08-23-2001, 02:51 AM   #37
LimeSqueezr
Founding Member

Default Re: I gave up Lime.

And I file your comments under "illogical knee-jerk presumptions" which is how you apparently think (or rather, don't). I didn't say that I AGREED with Bush's tax cut, I don't, I was just pointing out what happens with the typical taxpayer if a president DOES retroactively lower taxes, and why the rebate part of it makes sense IF you're going to do that in the first place (which is not the same as saying that the tax cut was a good idea). I don't know why I feel compelled to point out the obvious to those who stereotype people. I am neither liberal nor conservative because my opinions on various issues would not be at all acceptable to any person who follows the straight liberal or conservative agenda. Yet you *assume* my point of view on everything. What a closed little mind. Just go have that cry instead of trying to understand there might be some validity to points of view other than your own.
LimeSqueezr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2001, 07:23 AM   #38
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Default Re: Rebel gas mileage

He shouldn't _replace_ the Maxim with a Rebel or Nighthawk 250. After riding middleweight motorcycles, I could never go back to one of the 250s as a "fun motorcycle," and my current rides (my Shadow 600 and my father's W650) aren't even as powerful as a Maxim 750. However, if your friend could find a used one for $1000-2000, it might be worth is as a second, economical commuter bike.
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2001, 08:06 AM   #39
LimeSqueezr
Founding Member

Default In case you've wondered...

there is more than one mischievous individual who uses this computer but it automatically logs onto mo as "limesqueezer." So take that previous post with a grain of salt ...I know who made it and they're really a nice person but very ornery

"the original"
LimeSqueezr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2001, 08:37 AM   #40
tbuse
Founding Member

I vote. I believe if you don't vote, you don't have a right to complain. In the contest between those two losers I wrote in the Easter Bunny. I figured give the dumb rabbit a chance. (There were other "real" issues on the ballot.)
tbuse is offline   Reply With Quote