Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 08-21-2001, 01:30 PM   #21
max-9
Founding Member

Default Re: More from the White House

well now, thats damn funny
max-9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-22-2001, 01:46 AM   #22
jamesohoh7
Founding Member

Default Re: President Bush shows love to Harley

I haven't had to 'pay' anything back on taxes in years... the one area where home ownership works (tax write-offs if you itemize right). My $300 already bought and air-cleaner + jet-kit though... eeps!.. guess that means I'll be using a tad more gas! ha!

Know what you mean 'bout the vacation though.. the govt. types ALL seem to take off like 100's of days a year (only a slight exaggeration!)... sheesh.. I don't even get to use the two weeks I get every year b/c "oh, well.. now is not a good time for you to take vacation, James..." It never seems to be a good time either!

There ought to be a law!...

-James
jamesohoh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 04:56 AM   #23
cruiz-euro
Founding Member

Default W - the worst US president ever

I don´t care if George W will drill Alaska to rubble, he´s got the right to do it.

What was totally irresponsible was to screw the future of whole planet by sabotaging the Kyoto agreement. There is nothing controlling the greenhouse gases now. Unbelievably the very same guy is working hard to bring back the cold war.

85% of the Europeans (me included) think he is the worst US president ever. Summit of European Parliaments unianimously signed a statement: US can no longer considered a responsible partner. For all 44 countries to agree to something like this, this used to be unthinkable.

cruiz-euro

cruiz-euro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 05:48 AM   #24
LimeSqueezr
Founding Member

The rebate is aimed at the majority of taxpayers who do not owe at the end of the tax year, they get a refund. However since it cannot be accurately predicted exactly who will be due a refund and who won't, it's not feasible to send rebates only to those taxpayers. If tax rates were lowered retroactively (which they were) and NO rebates were made, then most taxpayers would be loaning even more money TO the government interest-free than they normally do anyway. Just the opposite of what you assert.
LimeSqueezr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 05:58 AM   #25
hdpetey
Founding Member

I am not one for more govt interference, but a writer in autoweek wrote a very convincing article on why drivers of large SUVs should be required to get additional licensing requirements. His theory is that these large SUVs handle completely different than a car, the vehicle we all test for our licenses in. And if you need a special license to drive even small commercial vehicles, some of which are not much bigger than some SUVs, and for a motorcycle than why not for a big SUV? Answer is the consistent voting soccer moms will never allow it. In their warped minds they are safe people while motorcyclists are a bund on reckless people that should all be *required* (DONT CARE TO START A HELMET THREAD) to wear helmets.
hdpetey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 06:01 AM   #26
hdpetey
Founding Member

Default Re: W - the worst US president ever

Yeah, but you are probably from France so we don't care what you pussies have to say. And if you open your mouth again, we may decide to bomb your embassy again the next time you don't want us to fly over your airspace!
Old 08-22-2001, 06:02 AM   #27
hdpetey
Founding Member

Default Re: More from the White House

I laughed too, it's just plain funny. Kind like the kill whitey jokes on deff comedy jam!
Old 08-22-2001, 07:38 AM   #28
tbuse
Founding Member

I personally think Dubya is a moronic idiot. (Thought Gore was a lying SOB.) I also think most Europeans are hypocritical whiners. (In view of recent European history, their stance on the death penalty is laughable.) So why should we really care what they think of our president? If you want to make sure he gets reelected, keep complaining. He'll be sure to get all the anti-UN & screw Europe votes.
tbuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 08:36 AM   #29
guzzi
Founding Member

Yes, Bush is an IDIOT.
guzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 09:14 AM   #30
cruiz-euro
Founding Member

I thought it was not France but China whose embassy you guys bombed hdpetey. Never mind, its easy to mix them up as they are both in Europe and the same size.

But what´s wrong with the frenchies? They actually have a lot of good stuff: French kisses, French lingerie, French maid dresses, French letters. They make hell of a lot of wine too. OK so they engineer Renaults but hey who´s perfect.

cruiz-euro

cruiz-euro is offline   Reply With Quote