Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/index.php)
-   Harley-Davidson News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Dyno Chart, V-Rod Style (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=754)

probegt21 10-22-2001 08:42 AM

Re: Amazing!? Why?

A ZRX is not competition for this Harley. They are totally different types of bikes. I own a ZRX...it is way faster than this new Harley anyway.

Bob

maxriderdon 05-01-2003 12:38 PM

Re: Amazing!? Why?

V-max? You want to challenge the V-max? Like most you are not aware that the max is easlily modified (almost no bucks) to handle much better than any V-rod. The straights? You know that answer and thats with a stock max. Give both the rod and max 1K worth of mods the max is even that much more ahead of the rod. Poor rod. Even with German engineering (engine) it can't hang with the 85 design V-Max. That's got to be embarrassing!!!

Maxriderdon

maxriderdon 05-01-2003 04:49 PM

Re: It's OLD, fortunately.

All guzzi or a particular model. Just curious.

maxriderdon 05-02-2003 02:03 AM

Re: Oh, We're an Expert in Moto-Economics, Are We?

Harley Davidson's top owners and staff just love people like you just like the same of Amway and the like love all those people just signing up. 200 million bucks designing any motorcycle engine is hilarious. Be glad of the imports without them you would even pay more and prob do it thinking are getting a good deal. Where did common sense go?

eduarprmd 07-19-2003 06:00 AM

Re: VTX = More and less...

I am not a Harley fan. I never even conceived owning a Harley. They all seem like lawn mowers to me. That was until I saw the V-Rod. Still skeptical I went (on my R1) to several of my cruiser friends and tried them all. To me, instinct said V-Rod and bought one. Fact is, two days ago, while cruising around town (and as often happens with this bike; everyone wants a piece of you) some guy on a VTX started to get funny making loud noises (very loud) and stoplight burnouts (like 954 guys do with the R1). I was really thinking he was going to beat my stock V-Rod (except K&N and octane booster, ha also had a K&N filter) because I knew the VTX was fast in truly stock trim. Same thing happened as when I raced stock vs. stock before buying. We raced the streets for about half an hour, wide open on the freeway, from stoplights, rolling at 20 or 30 or 40 or 50 mph, many times. If I was in front he never could catch up. If he jumped in front, once up to revs, I not so slowly caught up then passed him by; repeatedly. I do this just for fun. I do not care about Jap or US made. I just care if it can give me a facial and light my hair on fire by being fast and inducing extreme tachycardia. The V-Rod is the only bike I ever bought because how great it looks (I still go out with a dirty bike any day, I am not really a Harley fan) but it really has proven itself the best on the road, out in the real world.