Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 01-21-2008, 09:44 AM   #1
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Harley and UFC Team Up

HARLEY-DAVIDSON SPONSORS ULTIMATE FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP®
Harley-Davidson is Presenting Sponsor of UFC® and WEC™ Events

MILWAUKEE (January 19, 200 - Harley-Davidson Motor Company has teamed up with the Ultimate Fighting Championship® (UFC®) and World Extreme Cagefighting® (WEC) organizations as a presenting sponsor and exclusive motorcycle sponsor.

“This is the first major worldwide sports sponsorship for Harley-Davidson outside the motorcycle/automotive category,” said Harley-Davidson Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer Mark-Hans Richer. “We see our brand embodied in these fighters: young, aggressive, hard working individuals who cut against the grain.”

“Like Harley-Davidson, UFC is a true American passion that transcends cultures and languages, and shares incredible and growing popularity in the United States, Europe and around the world. Harley-Davidson is a powerhouse brand, we are proud to call it our exclusive UFC and WEC motorcycle sponsor and to have the historic Harley-Davidson Bar & Shield in the Octagon,” said UFC President Dana White.

Harley-Davidson’s sponsorship began with the UFC 79: NEMESIS event December 29, 2007 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, as witnessed by a sell-out audience of more than 11,000 and millions more on television around the world.

Harley-Davidson sponsorship of the UFC and WEC events includes its historic Bar & Shield logo placement in the center spot on the Octagon canvas, as a press conference and weigh-in backdrop and in other event locations. In addition, Harley-Davidson motorcycles and advertisements will appear at other UFC and WEC events and locations. The Company is also encouraging its independent dealers to hold UFC “fight night” events and customer parties in conjunction with a limited number of appropriate UFC events.

The first such dealer events begin with UFC 80: RAPID FIRE, held today in Newcastle, England, which will be broadcast live at noon Pacific Time (3 p.m. ET) as “The Prodigy” BJ Penn faces Joe “Daddy” Stevenson for the UFC World Lightweight Championship.
The Ultimate Fighting Championship® is the world’s leading professional mixed martial arts organization and offers the premier series of MMA sports events. Owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, and headquartered in Las Vegas, Nev., UFC® produces over twelve live pay-per-view events annually that are distributed residentially through North American cable and satellite providers including iN DEMAND Networks, DIRECTV, DISH Network, TVN Entertainment, Shaw Pay-Per-View, Bell ExpressVU, and Viewers Choice, and commercially through Joe Hand Promotions. In addition to its North American distribution, UFC programming is distributed in over 100 countries and territories throughout the world. For more information, or current UFC fight news, visit www.ufc.com or uk.ufc.com or UFC® : Ultimate Fighting Championship®.
The WEC brand is recognized as one of the premier mixed martial arts organizations in the United States. Founded in 2001, the WEC features many of the most prominent athletes in the sport of mixed martial arts today. Owned and operated by WEC Holdings LLC., and headquartered in Las Vegas, Nev., the WEC produces live and taped events annually that are distributed through the Versus network. In addition to its U.S distribution, WEC programming is shown on the TSN network in Canada. For more information and current WEC fight news, visit WEC | World Extreme Cagefighting.
Harley-Davidson Motor Company, the only major U.S.-based motorcycle manufacturer, produces heavyweight motorcycles and a complete line of motorcycle parts, accessories and general merchandise. For more information, visit Harley-Davidson's Web site at Country Selector.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2008, 09:52 AM   #2
vermicious
Registered Member

I have a buddy who's "auditioning" for the UFC tv series.
vermicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:53 AM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

And this is actually supposed to make we want to buy a Harley, how?
Old 01-21-2008, 10:04 AM   #4
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
And this is actually supposed to make we want to buy a Harley, how?
This will have to do until those $2500 Evo's are available.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:12 AM   #5
pplassm
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
This will have to do until those $2500 Evo's are available.
I'll take two.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:38 AM   #6
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

"in conjunction with a limited number of appropriate UFC events."

An oxymoron if I ever saw one.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:55 AM   #7
seruzawa
The Toad

No offense Ken, but I'm curious as to why you are quoting the greatest mass murderer in human history.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:12 AM   #8
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Yessireee, step right up, buy a new Harley and you too can be part of a culture that glorifies two people beating the crap out of each other in manly combat...

Maybe they should throw in a few tigers to make it a true Roman spectacle..a lightwieght kevlar net...Titanium alloy Trident and a Gladius or Spatha... Might as well make it the "ultimate"...

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:17 AM   #9
seruzawa
The Toad

Default I always thought that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Yessireee, step right up, buy a new Harley and you too can be part of a culture that glorifies two people beating the crap out of each other in manly combat...

Maybe they should throw in a few tigers to make it a true Roman spectacle..a lightwieght kevlar net...Titanium alloy Trident and a Gladius or Spatha... Might as well make it the "ultimate"...
... "ultimate fighting" involves thousands of miles of distance and ballistic weapons. Now if this were feudal Japan I could see the importance of the UFC. However a few centuries have passed......
Old 01-22-2008, 10:38 AM   #10
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
No offense Ken, but I'm curious as to why you are quoting the greatest mass murderer in human history.
None taken, my good man, none taken! In fact, I've adjusted my signature so that it should be more in line with the political outlook of many of the regulars here at Motorcycle.com. You're welcome!