Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 04-04-2001, 10:47 AM   #1
MoMo
Founding Member

Default Poor Pascal

you just gotta feel bad for this guy. first his machine takes a crap all over him at daytona when he was about to have a strong finish. (7'th or 8'th???) now this.
MoMo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2001, 11:02 AM   #2
rpsez
Founding Member

Default Re: Poor Pascal

I'm with you on that one... Pascal deserves better.

Here's a thought...

Have you ever been at the track (pro or regional) and heard a bike that just didn't seem like it wanted to run. Now think of the last time you heard the Harley on the track... Scary, huh ?? (Then again, maybe it's just me...)
rpsez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 11:11 AM   #3
Zionist
Founding Member

Default Re: Pascal Picotte Injured in Snowmobile Accident

Umm, I love his accent and he's cute too! Pascal has the perfect ride. If he does bad it's understandable since everyone agrees that H-D sucks. If he gets on the podium he's a hero. The guy probabaly makes $200,000 a year. Get well soon.
Zionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 11:26 AM   #4
hindle
Founding Member

Part of me feels bad for Pascal, but then there is the part that says "He choose to ride for Harley instead of trying to get a bike underneath him that will give him the best chance to succeed."

That part of me feels no sympathy for Pascal. That HD has been craping on him for two years running now. I mean even after 6 or 7 guys crash or have bike failures the stupid thing still can't finish. It had a top 10 finish handed to it at Daytona and it still burns up!

What is the point of testing the same stuff over and over again. How much testing do you need to realize your not doing it right? I wonder when they test do they expect different results? That is the definition of insanity. To repeat yourself and expect different results.

Remember Dale Quartley? Although he wasn't a true privateer he probably was way closer to that then a factory boy (yes he did buy engines from rob muzzy). With that in mind he did do most of his own work and ran his own deal. Hell he won a superbike race! In fact I would dare say he had more success then HD. That my friends is quite sad. Considering all the connections, money and resources HD should be able to tap into and they just can't compete! To me that says one thing about HD and their superbike effort. One it's 2nd rate and HD really doesn't care about superbike racing. Harley.....get serious or get out!

Ok i'm done venting......
hindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 12:11 PM   #5
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Yeah, I know what it's like...

Snowmobiles can really give you a beating. Usually you don't end up badly hurt (unless you hit a tree or break through some ice) but man, it's hard on your back and legs.

While I respect Pascal for giving it "the old college try", I think he would be a real threat to Mladin, Hayden, DuHamel and the like if he were on comparable machinery.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 12:20 PM   #6
Haga
Founding Member

H-D's best superbike finish is 2nd. Supposedly they're looking at GP's.
Haga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 01:02 PM   #7
hindle
Founding Member

LMAO!
hindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 02:00 PM   #8
BONGTOKER
Founding Member

I think Harley should take all the money they are using for their Superbike effort and use it to make a pill I can eat to make my farts smell like a bed of roses on a warm summer day. Do something useful with the money rather than pissing it away on something that will never work. I hope Pascal gets well soon he is a real cool guy. I meet him back in the days when he used to ride for Suzuki.
BONGTOKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 05:06 PM   #9
Ace
Founding Member

HD will NEVER compete in GP's- they'll be laughed at a global scale as oppose to a nationwide scale in AMA. If they cant even build a decent road-tuned engine- then what makes you think they can built a purpose-built racing engine? Unfortantely April fools was 3 days ago.....
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 08:35 PM   #10
Kurdt
Founding Member

Poor guy, must have been on a Ski-Doo or a Polaris. It wouldn't ahve happened it he woudl have been riding an Arctic cat.....
Kurdt is offline   Reply With Quote