Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 04-05-2001, 08:01 AM   #21
YZFThundercat
Founding Member

Default Re: Poor Pascal

He would have finished 7th or 8th is only because everyone else was already out of the race. HD showed their true colors again DNF....and saying they would have finished 7 or 8 is like saying Ru$$ell would have won. You don't know !
YZFThundercat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2001, 09:29 AM   #22
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Default Re: Pascal Picotte Injured in Snowmobile Accident

You might be right... but I'd be willing to bet that a winning H-D effort WOULD sell more Buells, especially if they badged it as a Buell.
Old 04-05-2001, 10:10 AM   #23
hindle
Founding Member

I agree with you on that one.
hindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 12:26 PM   #24
CarsSuck
Founding Member

Default Well considering his teammate DID

finish strong (8th?), and Pascal's faster and was ahead of his teammate, I'd say he would've gotten it. I don't think that's much of a stretch.
CarsSuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 02:00 PM   #25
vtr_996
Founding Member

Aw man, Pascal's gonna miss the Road Atlanta test?? There goes Harley's chances at Sears Point. They were a lock, too, if Pascal just had a little extra practice...

Give it up, Brethren.
vtr_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 06:39 PM   #26
jamcguir
Founding Member

<blockquote>Point is that HD started from scratch and have to spend years getting up to the level that other manufacturers have been at for years. </blockquote>

Good point. At least it gives those guys at Aprilia an excuse for their pathetic performance in WSBK last year and so far this year - if a company the size of H-D can't be competitive in AMA Superbike after many years of work, how can we expect a tiny company like Aprilia to have a chance?

-jake
jamcguir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 03:32 AM   #27
hindle
Founding Member

Which WSBK did you watch last year?? I saw aprillia win races and finish 3rd overall in the championship! Harley only dreams of a season like that. Pretty damn good for it's first year if you ask me!
Old 04-06-2001, 03:34 AM   #28
hindle
Founding Member

LOL....LMAO.....LOL....Harley a lock??? You were joking right??? The only way Harley would be a lock is if about 15 other riders didn't show and the bike somehow finished the race.
Old 04-06-2001, 04:40 AM   #29
hindle
Founding Member

The third sentance is about he's a hero if he gets the podium yet you say you disagree with that. Then you say you agree with the third sentence.

Man you are confusing.
Old 04-06-2001, 07:41 AM   #30
russ
Founding Member

I think you're right, that a competitive VR1000 won't sell more Dynas, Softtails or Sportsters. However, a competitive VR1000 might have sales and design application with the Buell end of H-D's business. Might, I said might.

It occurs to me that a valid question might be, "Why is Harley-Davidson in Superbike racing, anyway?" They got into it before they owned 98 percent of Buell as they do now, so what was the original incentive? Sure, a successful H-D Superbike effort would very likely increase ticket sales at roadrace events as Hog riders take an interest, but that would have no economic impact on the Motor Company. They appear to be in business primarily to make a profit from a lifestyle they've invented. So then, why?
russ is offline   Reply With Quote