Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 05-05-2007, 04:57 AM   #71
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: The Harley 100,000th

If you think Harley is cheating so badly why don't you go take a college class and see how far 300 bucks will get you. Not too far, eh? I bet they don't make crap on the class, but since Honda and Suzuki and Kaw and Yamaha don't do shyt, I guess they are off the hook. It's funny that these guys charge as much as Harley and they don't give you a bike. Maybe they are ripoff artists too? Maybe this type of training does cost money? Maybe you need to re-think your argument. I know Harley is always wrong, but maybe they are doing something that every manufacturer should be doing.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2007, 05:45 AM   #72
seruzawa
The Toad

Well, I own one now. An '80 GL1100 with Vetter fairing and Hondaline boxes on back. Only 32K miles.

I must be getting old to buy a Gold Wing. Owning one of those means you have one foot in the grave.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:48 AM   #73
seruzawa
The Toad

You know how it goes:

HD issues recall = HDs are junk.

Big4 issues recall = Big4 is taking care of their customers.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:26 AM   #74
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Another thing Harley was out front on

Hey, Kreb, you'll appreciate this (assuming you see it)- the wife informs me that I was talking in my sleep last night, and said "There's a commie book in this bed. I can feel it. It's an Atwood."

I explained to her that I had read a book review before bed that referenced A Handmaid's Tale, and that I did good-natured sparring with a guy online who I jokingly called a dirty hippie commie.

Which is not to say A Handmaid's Tale ISN'T a commie book. Cuz it is. You've probably got a signed first edition.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 06:27 AM   #75
schizuki
Founding Member

"Ah, we can make soap!"

Smelly hippies don't use soap.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:29 AM   #76
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Well, I don't think Harley is doing anything wrong, far from it, but in WA State at least the MSF beginner rider's courses that aren't WSDOT funded cost 250 bucks, and they give you bikes. It's not like they're hard to find or are always full either. The ones that are always full are the 100 dollar ones that the state paid the other 150 for. I don't think people don't take the classes here anyway because more manufacturers aren't selling them along with arm chaps and assless pants, its' because people are jackasses and don't want to 'waste' 2 days when all you have to do is twist and go.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:32 AM   #77
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

(hospital dumpsters, make soap, commune.. bit of a stretch, but fight club reference)
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Old 05-05-2007, 10:34 AM   #78
pdad13
Founding Member

Triumph sold 12K bikes in the U.S. this year. They're selling about 40K bikes worldwide, so Victory isn't even close.

That's not to take anything away from Victory's product though.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:36 AM   #79
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

That's what my wife said too. And then she got her law degree, even passed the WA state bar. And now she's pregnant, and she doesn't want to be a lawyer. Hasn't worked in 5 years (since she quit her cush decent-paying Amazon job to go to law school).

Although I do know one woman who demanded to go back to work after she had her first kid. It's not completely impossible
Old 05-05-2007, 10:38 AM   #80
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Default Re: Woman vs. Motorcycle.

Nothing like a BMX to go with that poodle.