Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 02-21-2007, 12:22 PM   #61
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re: OK I need to vent..

Well im a mechanical engineer and I wouldnt want to use code that I wrote. Its all necessary and important. What a man does or degrees he has has no direct relevance to his cred as a motorcyclist ,which is what this site is all about. I dont care if Seru is an eighth grade dropout;if he has lots of experience owning,working on and riding motorcycles he is important to this site. And i dont care if KPAUL is a PHfriggin D ;if he doesnt hold motorcycles high enough in his priority list to buy a battery, has only owned one bike, and doesnt ride much,he has nothing important to contribute. Uhoh...I just vented again
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2007, 12:36 PM   #62
schizuki
Founding Member

"but something in me makes me stay civil. "

I had mine surgically removed.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:39 PM   #63
schizuki
Founding Member

"Well im a mechanical engineer"

See - I'm impressed.

Seriously, there's no more under-rated occupation than mechanical engineers. You guys rock. Can't thank you enough for all those great roads and bridges and stuff.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:45 PM   #64
seruzawa
The Toad

Using computers makes it more difficult to screw up the orders of magnitude that one might drop when using a slide rule. That way we get fewer dams built with 1000 cubic yards of concrete when we really needed 10,000.

See? Computers are important!
Old 02-21-2007, 12:48 PM   #65
ksquid
Banned

Default Software 101

I have degree in Electrical Engineering (ABET accredited) and one in Business Admin from a top 30 school (22 was the last rank). I am working on a Masters Degree in Software Engineering (I switched from Computer Science).. I worked 4 years as a hardware engineer before I switched to software in real-time first latter middleware, web services, etc. Now I manage a software development group.

[b][i]Kreb is right on about Software Engineering.

It's a young discipline that doesn't get enough repect in my opinion. Electrical Engineering is mature.. Software is fun and creative and I get to work with really smart creative people.. Software is all around you from embedded stuff like your phone to ipods, to alarm systems, the internet, etc. I love it.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:50 PM   #66
seruzawa
The Toad

Those are Civil Engineers. Mechanical Engineers are the guys who design stuff like the Yugo and the Ural.

(Well and Porsches too but it's not as funny).
Old 02-21-2007, 12:50 PM   #67
schizuki
Founding Member

"Where do you think many of the rascists live? In the multi-racial diverese cities or in the single race fenced communitlies in the burbs? "

Having lived in a multi-racial diverse city neighborhood for the first thirty years of my life, and a single-race "fenced community"-equivalent for the past ten, and having friends from both environments, my answer would be the former.

Yeah, it flies in the face of everything we're told, but it's true. If I had to take a stab at the reason why, I'd say it's because folks in the suburbs are generally nicer, better people all around. Hence, fewer pathologies, including racism.

But, that's just my life-long wide-ranging experience-borne opinion (LLWREBO).

Old 02-21-2007, 12:53 PM   #68
ksquid
Banned

"great roads and bridges and stuff"

Usually Civil engineers do that work there buddy.. Mechanical folks do all kinds of stuff from Thermodynamics, Engine Design, etc. Most of my buddies in college were MEs and I played on their softball team.. Software Engineering is under-rated as well.

ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:12 PM   #69
schizuki
Founding Member

Y'know, I knew that. Really I did. Brain fart.

OK, mechanical engineers are a solid second place.

So, any civil engineers here want their d!cks sucked?

Old 02-21-2007, 01:21 PM   #70
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Riding into the Sunset

Half of the posts in this thread followed my "double his miles" post. Where are my chimichangas?

Oh, I forgot - nobody gives a f**k.