Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 02-01-2007, 09:04 AM   #71
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Default Re: Possible Harley Strike

Exactly! Thanks for making my point.

Oh, and you know those really useful degrees like MBA's teach you all KINDS of stuff.

Like how to shake hands and suck ****.

The only reason (and it's a fantastic one) to get a Harvard MBA is to network.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2007, 09:07 AM   #72
acecycleins
Founding Member

I got called the Neo-Con. Funny really. Stupid name, though. Weren't Regan covnservitives the original "neo-cons"? Never heard that then. Heck you don't hear that about them now.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:08 AM   #73
acecycleins
Founding Member

Those that can- do. Those that can't- teach. Isn't that how it goes?
Old 02-01-2007, 09:10 AM   #74
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Virginia Mason is a terrible hospital. I've had multiple experiences there of negligent conduct. One friend of mine went in for a minor surgery. His lung collapsed afterwards, and then he died four days later.

My dad went there and they immediately performed exploratory surgery because he had colon pain. They tried to tell us he needed a colostomy bag for life. He's perfectly fine now; we took him elsewhere.

I highly recommend staying AWAY from there. Go to Swedish.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Old 02-01-2007, 09:11 AM   #75
seruzawa
The Toad

And then we discover that those anti-cholesterol drugs they've been hawking cause Parkinsons Disease. And later we discover that the drug companies and FDA knew about it all along. But no one ever goes to jail for it. Oh no. Phen-fen? Same-o same-o.

Ah, the benefits of federal protection of the public.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:13 AM   #76
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Union leader salaries are quite low compared to corporate executives.

Here's a right-wing anti-union website listing them:

union leader salaries

It makes sense; the union members vote on their leaders' pay raises for the most part.

Of course, the words "Union Bosses" should really be replaced with the word "Lobbyists".

What they really get paid is probably not on record.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:17 AM   #77
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Gotta disagree there. Never worked in a union and I've never been a slave.

I've worked 60-80 a week since I was 20. When I wanted to move up in the world I worked at it. I interned for free. Offered my services on the cheap. I gain far more experience than those that were on the same level as me when I started.

My goal is to be able retire by the time I'm 40-45. I don't think I'd be able to do that if I were in a union.

I've seen a lot of people sit and b!tch about how their job sucks. How the corporate world is ripping them off. Yet, they do nothing to change their situation.

If you think you are a slave, you are responsible for it happening.

Personally I would think it would suck if IÂ’m busting my @ss everyday and I know the dumb schlub next to me that is slow and lazy is going to get the same pay increase as me. That would be enough for me to look for a new line of work.

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 09:18 AM   #78
SmokeU
Registered Member

Why? There are always plenty on the showroom floor and they are a poor substitute for tourers and softails.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:19 AM   #79
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

It seems more and more that it's: Those who can - do; Those who can't - b!tch until they get their way.

Though, I am mighty low on sleep right now, so that could be the reason behind my thinking.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 09:23 AM   #80
seruzawa
The Toad

You mean like that Eisner guy who took over wildly successful Disney Corp, and proceeded to preside over the worst run of stinking films in Disney's history? Disgusting. A carboard cutout could have done a better job.