Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 01-20-2007, 07:19 AM   #71
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: It's Tough to be a Hog in Havana.

"Iran awarded Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez its highest state medal on Sunday for supporting Tehran in its nuclear standoff with the international community, while Chavez urged the world to rise up and defeat the U.S., state-run media in both countries reported.

"Let's save the human race, let's finish off the U.S. empire," Chavez said. "This (task) must be assumed with strength by the majority of the peoples of the world."

"Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad presented Chavez with the Islamic Republic Medal in a ceremony at Tehran University. The award was to show Iran's gratitude for his "support for Iran's stance on the international scene, especially its opposition to a resolution by the International Atomic Energy Agency," Iranian state-run television said."

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2007, 08:19 AM   #72
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

"Have you not noticed that Iran declared war on us 25 years ago?"

? Why were we supplying them with missiles then, after 1979, again? When a discussion is started using false premises it is unwise to rely upon the arrived conclusion.

"My God, man. You're obsessed with shadowy boogeymen yet refuse to see reality. Is it displacement of fear?"

Are you talking about Venezuela? and it's "massive arms purchases"? That can't be it. As we know the U.S. spends more on "defense" than ALL the other Countries of the World COMBINED. We exist as the ONLY Superpower in the World today. I have no fear of Venezuela, you?

Have to go now but I'll check back later, I'd love to continue this discussion. Respect, Dale
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:30 AM   #73
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

We are Venezuala's largest trading partner. We buy more of their oil than anyone else; it's all refined by our refineries. So what if their country is run by a jackass, that's their problem. They will never go to war with us. The fact that Chavez is meeting with Ahmadinejad won't change much. He's just another loud little South American dictator.

Yeah, Iran declared war on us, so the Godlike Reagan sold them arms. It's always a little more complicated than it looks. The boogeymen are not always shadowy.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:32 AM   #74
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Talk about flamebait. Try having a discussion without being a jackass.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Old 01-20-2007, 08:35 AM   #75
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Nobody claimed it was you.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:34 AM   #76
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Both major points there are Extremely well documented, I often confuse well documented with "common knowledge", my bad. Please understand that as far as I'm concerned we are contesting the facts that lead to opinions, that two Men of goodwill could look at those facts and arrive at different conclusions is a given.

There's a book called "The Medusa File" written by a former Vietnam Marine sniper/26 year Oklahoma City, OK SWAT team member/expert called in by the FBI to help with the OK city bombing investigation, your typical "Kennedy conspiracy" type? Read this book and a lot of what is well documented will become your "common knowledge". You will never look at the The U.S./World the same way again. If you are inclined to be depressed do not read this book.

BTW Wasn't it about '91 that the U.S. Congress acknowledged that there was a conspiracy associated with the Kennedy (JFK) murder? How's that for a "magic bullet"?

Old 01-20-2007, 10:47 AM   #77
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

"Number one, there's nothing "brave" about it. She's got herself a legion of worshipping acolytes and a new career. How many "brave American dissenters" ever suffer any ill effects of their "brave dissent"? You want to be a brave dissenter? Dissent in Cuba."

I'm practically speechless on several levels with that one. Does this mean that w and his whole gang of War Criminals and their supporters have to go to Cuba as dissenters against the will of the Vast majority of Americans???

"Number two (and I can't stress this one enough)- "freedom of speech" does not mean "freedom from criticism of what you are saying." If a person spouts off vile stupidity, and I say so, I am not "squashing their dissent" or "attacking the messenger" - I am exercising MY freedom of speech."

I agree but often restrain myself from doing so.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:02 PM   #78
Blade-Rider
Registered Member

When will the Americans stop trying to grind that little country into the ground? American corporations are falling all over themselves to do business in other communist regimes like China and VietNam.
Blade-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 02:22 PM   #79
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Why is it that when the US has a Trade Embargo (i.e. a ban on US Corporations doing business with the country) on some P!ssant country like Cuba, it's attempting to "Grind them into the Ground"?

No, we're fcuking IGNORING that P!ssant little country - if we were "grinding them into the ground" it would at this moment be either: a) A a smoking crater (or multiple craters). Or; b) Vacation and Manufacturers Paradise with our new Cuban Slave-Labour Workforce.

There is a Difference between your statement and a possible reality, fine though that line may be.

Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote