Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 01-19-2007, 07:36 AM   #61
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Re: It's Tough to be a Hog in Havana.

These guys would keep 50 year old Jap bikes going too. Its not like they would have an alternative.

However that trade embargo should be scrapped. All the failures of the communist system are blamed on the US and people believe it. Without that stupid embargo Cuba would be free market already.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2007, 07:53 AM   #62
SRMark
Founding Member

I imagine you might find some pretty good examples around the world of folks keeping ancient Honda Cubs going year after year. I don't know if the word "love" would apply but certainly "attention" and "ingenuity". I spend a good deal of time getting a '73 RD250 ready to ride and keeping an SR500 on the road. Plenty of love and attention there. I'm a bit low on ingenuity though but get away with it because parts are available (and I don't aim nuclear stuff a major world powers).
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:07 AM   #63
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

They're a good match for one-another. Marriage Made in Hell.......
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:11 AM   #64
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

It's only a U.S. Embargo - every other Nation in the World is free to trade with Cuba. And many do.

While the U.S.A. is Guilty of many Evils in Cuba - the squalor in which its Citizens live is NOT the fault of the United States.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:13 PM   #65
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Seems more like the the enemy of my enemy is my friend to me.

Hugo won me over attacking "the decider" with "Vacation King" and others, helping with heating oil for our poor doesn't hurt. Hugo has a major problem with w and our current policies, just like the vast majority of this Country, just like the vast majority of the rest of the World...

Notice how "defending our Country" is being used interchangably with "defending our interests" lately? Is it just me, I could have sworn the purpose of our Soldiers was to defend our Country.

Now they're banging the drums of War against Iran...

Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 04:03 PM   #66
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Miami is not Cuba
Old 01-19-2007, 11:46 PM   #67
moxxy
Registered Member

Since you opened the door, my guess is the Japanese bikes would still be running. Do the Japanese have a trade embargo with Cuba? If not the big four are selling their products there. This ill advised trade blockade should've ended years ago. It hurts American business, much of the rest of the world is there doing business. It seperates Cubans and Cuban Americans families. Hopefully as soon as Fidel has his ticket punched the US will lift the embargo.
moxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 05:56 AM   #68
schizuki
Founding Member

"Any time there's a Big push to discredit someone I watch closely... One of the Oldest (literally) tricks in the book is; "If you can't defend against the message, Attack the messenger!"

On this "Internet" there is a thing called "Google." If you think the "messenger" is being attacked, do some research.

"Ever Wonder who's behind the curtain?

No, I look behind the curtain rather than whisper ominously about it.

"a Brave American using her Freedom of Speech to express her opinions?"

Number one, there's nothing "brave" about it. She's got herself a legion of worshipping acolytes and a new career. How many "brave American dissenters" ever suffer any ill effects of their "brave dissent"? You want to be a brave dissenter? Dissent in Cuba.

Number two (and I can't stress this one enough)- "freedom of speech" does not mean "freedom from criticism of what you are saying." If a person spouts off vile stupidity, and I say so, I am not "squashing their dissent" or "attacking the messenger" - I am exercising MY freedom of speech.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:07 AM   #69
schizuki
Founding Member

Have you not noticed that Iran declared war on us 25 years ago? That they have been attacking us by proxy since then? That they are trying to build nuclear weapons? And since Hugo is making nicey-nice with them, that this may be a cause for some concern?

My God, man. You're obsessed with shadowy boogeymen yet refuse to see reality. Is it displacement of fear?

BTW, the Venezuelan parliament just granted Hugo dictatorial power. But he gives us free heating oil, so it's cool. Oh, and don't worry about his massive arms purchases - he probably needs them to defend against the Columbians.

I'm sure we'll be hearing about Venezuela's 100% literacy rate ands free health care soon.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:11 AM   #70
schizuki
Founding Member

Is there any evidence for that that doesn't come from the "Kennedy conspiracy" crowd? Because I can't find any.