Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 01-09-2007, 02:18 AM   #1
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Default Re: Evo v Twin Cam Dyna

Man, financing a bike for 10 years...

My opnion, if the bikes are the same style, the mileage is close and you like them equally, I would alsways go newer.

But some of the posters here know a lot of the ins and outs of Harleys a bit better. So they might be able to offer more than I, so, good luck.

10 years. Ugh. I'm just thinking of all the interest that would have to be paid. Could probably buy four bikes on the interest alone.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2007, 02:32 AM   #2
billcollins
Founding Member

Just to put that one to bed cos IÂ’m sure a lot of people will raise an eyebrow at thatÂ… having been divorced and fightinÂ’ to see my kids for 5 years IÂ’ve put up with more cr*p than anyone has a right to, literally livin hand to mouth for most of that time.. believe me, I lost the lot - including my sanity for a while! But, IÂ’ve turned things round and now I have my own place and a few quid in my back pocket so IÂ’m gonna get out and see some of this great continent (Europe I mean).. and rather than go back to being skint again for a few years , IÂ’m gonna pay over longer and take the hit in interest. OK, sob story over, cheers for your advice!
billcollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:37 AM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

Just wait until all the experts (who've never owned Harleys) show up to tell him how stupid he is for buying a Harley. Double ugh.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:45 AM   #4
speedee
Registered Member

If it was my money, I'd go for the twin cam. Besides, you know it's the one you really want......
speedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:45 AM   #5
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Yeah, we might as well go through some older threads and just repost a few of those responses. Cuz you know it's just gonna be the same old crap.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:55 AM   #6
beetsme
Registered Member

Sorry, no help here. How does the ad go: "If you don't own one, you don't get it." I rode a Harley once, I didn't get it. Save your money, buy a decent bike. Same money, get a Beemer, better bike, will sell for more than you pay for it and you will WANT to keep it ten years! But most of all, it is a pleasure to ride, not a poser, you will ride more! Plus, they offer many different types of bikes, you will find one that fits your riding style.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:00 AM   #7
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Sounds like you still don't get it, in more ways than one.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:01 AM   #8
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Get the TwinCam. It's a better, more durable design. Just check those cam chain tensioners once in a while. Easy choice really.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:11 AM   #9
Neal
Founding Member

Either will do fine...my 97 evo has been very reliable. The twin cam has a little more pop,less clutch pull,etc. and is probably the best buy if it has significantly less mileage,but if you buy either you should be ok. Remember,with Harleys good maintenance is key(as with all bikes I guess)....check maintenance records.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 03:17 AM   #10
seruzawa
The Toad

Especially that "Beemer resale is better than HD" part.

Did theylegalize crack last night?