Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 12-16-2006, 06:34 AM   #21
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: V-Rod Buell

Sorry, I shouldn't have made that statement without supporting evidence:

"Some twentysomethings down the street from me who don't ride said my Bandit looked tight and they think Harleys are lame."

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-16-2006, 06:36 AM   #22
schizuki
Founding Member

Er, have you ever seen the radiator on a V-Rod?

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:25 AM   #23
maladg
Registered Member

Ah, anrajala is still in retrograde orbit about the Planet Zero.

Thanks for being a rock!
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 07:27 AM   #24
maladg
Registered Member

Default Re: Kick to Ride?

Thank goodness!
Old 12-16-2006, 07:30 AM   #25
Jiffy
Registered Member

I think we will see changes for Buell in 2008. Maybe a XBRR street bike. Maybe liquid but I doubt it.
Jiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 07:30 AM   #26
maladg
Registered Member

While I basically agree with the smart set here (Buell is ok just the way they are, thx vry much) I'd love to see an Aprilia'ish/Touno'ish motor stuffed into a Buell frame.

It would just HAVE to be entertaining.

And a lot more interesting than a chainsaw powered bike, too.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:00 AM   #27
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

What the hell would you know? You only rode one in a test.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:49 AM   #28
schizuki
Founding Member

"I think we will see changes for Buell in 2008."

Always do. Incremental ones.

"Maybe a XBRR street bike."

Good call. Buell tries to make as many variations as possible out of the same basic platform. As a low-volume manufacturer, they have no choice.

"Maybe liquid but I doubt it."

No chance. It would have to be done in conjunction with H-D, and we'd have heard something more definitive by now.

Old 12-16-2006, 10:05 AM   #29
ksquid
Banned

As many of said the V-Rod engine is too heavy. But keyloman asks a very important question and I am sure we will get many opinions from what maladg calls the "smart" crowd (boy that is the dumbest statement I have read in awhile) i.e. the Gray Pony Tail Brotherhood (GPTB) saying that Buells are fine they way they are. But they aren't fine. HD has the financial resources to build a proper engines.. They probably lack the foresight, will and perhaps engineering talent. I ask this question to the "Stay the Course" crowd. Small firms like KTM, Ducati, Aprilia, and others can build a modern engine and can build a a bike around it for a profit then why can't Harley? Harley has the marketing prowness to do it. I think a Buell with a modern engine would sell 10 times more that it is selling now. The Firebolt is alreay one of the best looking and handling bikes in the world. Keep in mind the "smart' crowd as maladg calls them is the same crowd that thought the Iraq war was a good thing, budget deficits are ok, interets rates would not rise, and gas prices will not go up. So keyloman keep asking those questions.[b] I am positive that Buell has to be in the picture if HD wants to create a loyal customer base in the GEN Y demographic. Keep in mind companies are most vulnerable when they are in successful/good times.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 10:33 AM   #30
jstrain
Founding Member

Default Re:

My hair is neith gray nor long, and I ride an 05 Sprint, not a Harley.

I've ridden two XB9Ses and they were an absolute blast to ride. The bike has more than enough power to have fun with. They make a not so modern engine and still make a profit. Why change?

Why are you so blind to the fact that alot of people like them just how they are? Why have you made it your personal mission to discredit anyone or anything that doesn't conform to what you think a motorcycle should be?

I've been reading your posts for years and it boggles my mind that you continue to debate stuff like this. Why not just accept that I may like a totally different type of motorcycle than you do, and therefore companies build different types of motorcycles to suit those different tastes? Is that a difficult concept to understand?
jstrain is offline   Reply With Quote